Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

German M40 Helmet , i fear the worst :(.

Article about: Have no idea why the pictures are missing , there is some problems with photobucket at the moment , rest assured i didn't remove them. Hopefully they are showing again now , i re-posted them

?

Have no idea why the pictures are missing , there is some problems with photobucket at the moment , rest assured i didn't remove them. Hopefully they are showing again now , i re-posted them and have no idea why they disappeared off the forum?. I understand that some of you guys are saying let me see pics of the crappy helmet etc and are a bit rough with the comments but please have a bit of heart as i did think these were Genuine items and it is very disappointing guys. I am thankful and respect all your comments however. I didn't know i could post pictures directly from my PC to the forum so shall do that in future posts , cheers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M40 Helmet , i fear the worst :(.
    P
    Many

Save the pics directly to your computer and upload them. Mass photo storage servers are not the best to use for posting photos on forums because stuff like exactly this happen - photos go missing.

jimm can you repost the pics im intrigued ,just go to advanced and picture uploads they should be saved there ,thanks james

I have added the pics to the forum.

Just a quick welcome from me and sorry you have had some bad news on several items.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Good to see the pics are back and appear to have been posted directly to the forum. Makes for a good learning tool for those who want to see them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks Ade , has certainly been a bit of a rough night.

I can imagine. But it is better to know the truth and your collection will be the better for it.

We have all been there, trust me....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

dont feel so bad jimm ,to the untrained eye these reproductions can easily mislead ,especially with the artificial ageging ,internally i can see the misshapen rolled edge which is another give away ,thanks james

Jimm - apologies if we seem rough or rude, that's certainly not our intentions. But, that being said, a half hour scrolling through the helmet section could have easily saved you the 50 quid. Rest assured, we all know how it feels to get burned, and luckily you did not loose you a$$ on this helmet. Other people have lost WAYYYYY more than you. But if this is item 2 or 3 that you've posted that was bad or fake, then I say, respectfully, you need to start doing some homework. I don't collect badges but if I go to buy one and if feasible, it's getting posted here before I part with any money. Sometime I still have to post helmets that I'm not 100% sure about. Nothing wrong with that. My philosophy is: I'd rather miss a great item by being cautious than lose a pile of cash on a bad item in a hurry. Just something to think about. Now don't get too down on yourself, mate, bounce back and we can find you a good period helmet if that's what you desire.

"We have all been there, trust me...."
    Hmm a certain Waffen SS buckle springs to mind, who did it belong to?....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast