Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

German M42 SD Luftwaffe named and marked NS62

Article about: Hey guys just picked up this M42 SD Luft named and from what I have researched is the VII is possibly the 7th Flak Brigade?* I believe the name is J. Schames but not sure what the "in H

CGR
    ?

Default German M42 SD Luftwaffe named and marked NS62

Hey guys just picked up this M42 SD Luft named and from what I have researched is the VII is possibly the 7th Flak Brigade?*
    I believe the name is J. Schames but not sure what the "in Hart and what looks to be DMK for the last letters. Any thoughts on what it means. Hart in German comes up in a search with different meanings such as Tough, Hard and even a Forest Glade?*
    Any thoughts?
    DMK. Volkssturm Unit out of Denmark?
    Any help greatly appreciated. German M42 SD Luftwaffe named and marked NS62

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M42 SD Luftwaffe named and marked NS62
    P
    Many

CGR
    ?

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

MAP
    ?

I can't make out the last word/letters. Interesting how the soldier scratched out the middle of the letters in his name and then used a twig or something in the words "Hart DMK" and the unit id.

A native speaker like Andreas might be able to interpret the meaning.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CGR
    ?

Thanks MAP. I noticed that too, like he used a bayonet, knife or twig to give more detail to the letters. It looks like a D then an M and either a K, cursive L or X at the end then period like an abbreviation of a place or something. A friend researched units out of Denmark late in the War and he thought it was DMK. short for Denmark but I just don't know.
    I did find a VII Flak Brigade online but could not find a 36th Regiment or anything else 36th, lots of others like 38th and so on but not a 36th. And the "in Hart" has me puzzled as it has different meanings in German.
    Maybe some members that know German can give some insight on the meaning?
    Thanks!

CGR
    ?

Some more pics, its a nice dark grey rough texture paint, I know its missing the liner and that turns off some people but the remnants of the liner are present on parts of the liner band. Wish I could find out more about the info written inside, may never know and thats ok its a nice helmet all the same.

I do like the rough paint on this lid and it will still display nicely even without the liner.

Andrew

CGR
    ?

Thanks Andrew! I have about 4 M42's and what I like about them and helmets in general is because they are all so different one to next.