Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

german made finnish m35/40 or?

Article about: hi have been sitting on these 2 for a while and just for fun want to know if they are post war or not could anyone tell me wether these are german made m35/40 that served in finland during t

Default german made finnish m35/40 or?

german made finnish m35/40 or?german made finnish m35/40 or?german made finnish m35/40 or?german made finnish m35/40 or?german made finnish m35/40 or?german made finnish m35/40 or?

hi have been sitting on these 2 for a while and just for fun want to know if they are post war or not could anyone tell me wether these are german made m35/40 that served in finland during the winterwar and the continuation war, or if they are german made m35/55 (didnt pay a huge amount for neither so its not a huge loss if they are post war) the grey 1 i found in a dusty warehouse store in sweden they told me that a girl who worked there had a boyfriend who went to germany n got stuffi n bulk and this was in this times haul and the green is just an impulse buy thanks all who can find the time to help me id these

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german made finnish m35/40 or?
    P
    Many

It looks distinctly like a post- war refurbishment of a wartime shell to me.

MAP
    ?

Not M-35's. M-40 if anything but any pics of the stampings inside (back or sides) would help determine if they are german manufactured. Liners are not wartime.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

german made finnish m35/40 or?german made finnish m35/40 or?german made finnish m35/40 or?german made finnish m35/40 or?hmm thanks i cant see any stamps on the shells but i can see that the green one have been repainted atleast 3 times and the grey one atleast 2 times there is traces of first some dark grey then an even darker green and then this green and the grey one have once been very dark grey and then this red (my guess is anti rust paint) and then this ugly plain grey, and on a couple of places on the grey shell you can see what looks like rust under the paint like they just painted over the rust

its especially clear this is a hasty paintjob if you look at the grey helmet pic where you can see very clearly paint that have dripped and dried

MAP
    ?

Thanks! Not uncommon for the stampings to be obscured with multiple coats of paint. So not much more I can provide on originality or origins.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

ok is there any way to remove the new layers of paint without completely destroying the original paintjob

but is it rust under the paint? or is it something else perhaps paint flakes?

MAP
    ?

I would leave as it. But just my view.

There would be two places the helmets are typically stamped (with a punch, not ink). The back (which has the Batch #) and the side by the chin strap (for the maker and size...i.e. Q62, or NS64).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast