Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

German medic helmet ?

Article about: Hi list this is the third post for help I have had in 3 days and hopefully it will be third time lucky. I purchased this helmet about 5 years ago from a dealer in Germany, at the time I had

In defence of Hoss.

At least all his postings on this helmet have been polite - even though he is wrong about it. Just an observation of mine of course...

The easiest way of stifling debate is to shout down the opponent. Then you don't have any debate do you?

Now go on... shout me down too.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German medic helmet ?
    P
    Many

I believe those with patience have tried this for quite some time --- the result you see here is just people recognizing the parody that this has become... I guess tolerance of unsubstantiated claims being repeated over and over again in thread after thread kind of wears on the helmet enthusiasts. I'm not all that bothered but I can certainly appreciate the disbelief and frustration displayed.

You are right Steve the bloke is polite!..

We all have been burned and have mistakenly purchased repros ect it comes with the territory. I am wrong often and without the help of the forum I would have much less money and more repro items.

anyway

According to the Geneva convention from 1929-WW2 there was no standard red cross patterns for helmets. That's why you will see ones of different shapes and sizes. Its a difficult place to try to collect in my opinion.

Quote by GeneralPutnam View Post
    We all have been burned and have mistakenly purchased repros ect it comes with the territory. I am wrong often and without the help of the forum I would have much less money and more repro items.
    Indeed, I totally agree --- the same goes for myself... and in this we have to rely on the advice given here being of some substance and being verifiable to a certain degree. I have made some stupid comments myself when first starting out, out of being a bit too eager to try to help rather than anything else, but I quickly learned that if you do not know you do not jump to conclusions or pretend to know either... polite or not.

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Indeed, I totally agree --- the same goes for myself... and in this we have to rely on the advice given here being of some substance and being verifiable to a certain degree. I have made some stupid comments myself when first starting out, out of being a bit too eager to try to help rather than anything else, but I quickly learned that if you do not know you do not jump to conclusions or pretend to know either... polite or not.
    And there lies the problem... Some members really DO think they know what they are on about - even though they probably don't. And that is why they post their opinions. It would be rather stupid of anyone to 'pretend' to know wouldn't it? And so if they believe in what they are saying, they have every right to voice their opinion on the subject.

This argument on the rights and wrongs of posting comments could go on forever. Is it being suggested that just certain forum members should post comments and the rest of us just nod in appreciation and doff their caps? What a sad place it would become if that were the case. The input of every member makes the forum what it is. There is a wealth of very valuable knowledge given freely and with good heart from very knowledgeable people on this website, it just seems a pity that some members always seem to be shouted down for saying what they believe. None of us are perfect.

?

Quote by GeneralPutnam View Post

anyway

According to the Geneva convention from 1929-WW2 there was no standard red cross patterns for helmets. That's why you will see ones of different shapes and sizes. Its a difficult place to try to collect in my opinion.
    Hello
    With respect I think you maybe quoting the wrong file I'll try and finding something but I don't keep everything on my computer. I fail to understand why I singly have to keep providing evidence alone in these threads like some pathetic helmet court case drama.

Isn't it enough that one person may like this helmet and wants to hear more whether its ww2 or after. All that has been posted against is scratches, tool marks, "bleeding fake" cartoons and personal attacks that have zero to do with the op helmet.

Cheers

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    And there lies the problem... Some members really DO think they know what they are on about - even though they probably don't. And that is why they post their opinions. It would be rather stupid of anyone to 'pretend' to know wouldn't it? And so if they believe in what they are saying, they have every right to voice their opinion on the subject.

This argument on the rights and wrongs of posting comments could go on forever. Is it being suggested that just certain forum members should post comments and the rest of us just nod in appreciation and doff their caps? What a sad place it would become if that were the case. The input of every member makes the forum what it is. There is a wealth of very valuable knowledge given freely and with good heart from very knowledgeable people on this website, it just seems a pity that some members always seem to be shouted down for saying what they believe. None of us are perfect.
    Collecting is not about believing but about knowing , facts.
    The moderators and administrators should take care that the forum content is up to snuff , letting everyone post whatever they may think they believe is real may sound good in a democratic setting , freedom of speech and all but a forum is not a democracy.
    here the value of the content should be more important , in that respect a person that comes here claiming a blatant fake is real would be a person you want to silence.
    That is an exagurated example but more dangerous is a person that posts from a feigned postion of knowledge , giving some people doubt to what is an obvious fake.
    It is not just this particular topic or this particular forum , said person is a persona non grata on other forums and his Modus operandi is well known.

Hoss. Your right I did ask for a picture of the liner and failed to give you an answer.
    The liner looks artificially aged or the person wearing it must have sweat very badly from the sides of his head( that's a joke make).

I am giving you my own opinion. once again this opinion is mine and mine alone.

I am a member of this club because we all help one another. I don't have a decent dealer or store for these items within 5 hours drive of my house so the internet I the way I communicate about my hobby.

Please read some of my pervious posts specifically the one on the SS Sword.

The person ( a family member and very new collector) hates brining me items because a majority of them are assayed to be fake from my own experience. or by the voluminous amount of knowledge available here.

of the past 5 medals and daggers he has picked up only one has been authentic. I have spent hours explaining to him why they are repro/fantasy ect. We all want to make big finds and sadly we make mistakes.

I ideally think that the group as a whole wants to help each others progress in the hobby as well as its enjoyment.

at the end of the day I think you have hit on a very interesting collecting challenge. I think several examples of real medic helmets would look really awesome in display

...I can hear my wife now.

Wife "what is in the large box by the front door from USPS?"
    Me"I don't know...sorry....oh yes I do. Its a surprise for you for valentines day"
    Wife" BULLSHIT, what is it this time and where the heck are you going to put it...how much was it!"
    Me"Free ...I won a sweepstakes contest form the international association of medic helmet collectors "

I would see if you can return or trade out of it with the original seller. If not you should be able to recoup most or even all you spent on an auction site that starts with an E or a private sale.
    Plenty of people love to buy great looking stuff repro ect.

Interesting Thread below on US medic helmet requirements after ww2.

WWII Medic Helmet Markings & Regulations - MARKED & PAINTED HELMETS [REF] - U.S. Militaria Forum

Finally my close personal friend Elie Wiesel nobel prize winning Holocaust survivor famous for his book "NIGHT" Especially appropriate as today is the 70 anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz.
    has told me many times and has stated in his writings "every question possesses a power that did not lie in the answer.”

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Is it being suggested that just certain forum members should post comments and the rest of us just nod in appreciation and doff their caps?
    A pretty creative interpretation going by what's clearly been discussed on here in no uncertain terms for a while now, but... yeah... that's just ridiculous. I've never thought or stated any such thing, neither do I see anyone else alluding to such a preposterous notion either.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast