Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

German medics helmet.

Article about: I bought this helmet names to a man called Schroeder about 20 odd years ago with another named to a Doctor. It has alway amzed me how part of the helmet is in pretty good condition and the o

Default German medics helmet.

I bought this helmet names to a man called Schroeder about 20 odd years ago with another named to a Doctor. It has alway amzed me how part of the helmet is in pretty good condition and the other is not. The pitting on the effected area is quite bad but its still a lovely helmet. From what I see its a NS64 D253. Medics helmets are quite scarce over here, I know of 4 originals, and own 3 of them myself. I don't know why but I was always keen to get my hands on one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German medics helmet.   German medics helmet.  

German medics helmet.   German medics helmet.  

German medics helmet.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German medics helmet.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German medics helmet.

It may have been exposed to the elements from one side, or laying in water or something.

I like it but what a shame about that side, I wonder how it happened.

It doesn't matter to me....It's all part of the helmets history and character.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Was it found in a bunker, maybe was in water

WOW, i can honestly say that this one is the first medics helmet i have seen that i am happy with!!!The cracking of the paint over the decal is a great thing to see,and the over all wear looks consistant,as for the pitting,it looks as though it may have been lying in a ditch for a bit! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    WOW, i can honestly say that this one is the first medics helmet i have seen that i am happy with!!!The cracking of the paint over the decal is a great thing to see,and the over all wear looks consistant,as for the pitting,it looks as though it may have been lying in a ditch for a bit! Leon.
    X2....very nice helmet!...

Nobody can scream fake on this one, what a cool lid. Congrats.

An old boy just came into my shop knowing I was collecting helmets.... a little bartering and the deal was done.