Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

German Medics Helmet continued

Article about: by gel65 Sorry, I never had a chance to speak with him right now I have been very bogged down with school work and sports. Doug's offer is generous but at the moment I do not have the time t

The only opinion that is good on this helmet is a good opinion .
    A bad opinion we do not know what we are talking about.
    chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Medics Helmet continued
    P
    Many

The miss match in condition between the interior and exterior give a high probability that the exterior has been aged and the interior has not, a fairly common mistake made by fakers.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Stan a medic lid like this would not have been in only a snow environment, the white is to stand out rather than blend in. Purposefully killing medics was against the Geneva convention but war isn't a tickling competition and things happened, there are enough good medic lids in collections to say that GI's did pick these up in whatever circumstances. Most wear is on the crown as that is the natural resting point for the helmet because of the centre of gravity, it's where it wants to be. Other wear from bumps and grazes is always random. The crown wear is usually more consistent and heavier, but in proportion to the rest of wear.

Just general points, not really focussing on the helmet in the thread.

PS I can't find the pics now but there are some cool shots of a Captured German combat medic working as such for the Americans. He has armbands, a vest and his helmet with the red cross on, along with his own medical kit in an MG42 ammo can.
    Thanks for correcting me on that one, haha I completely forgot that they where painted white to stand out.

?

German Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedGerman Medics Helmet continuedDoug here are some more focused pictures could not locate date on the liner back the pins are very tight and hardly move surrounding the band

You got to get out of the shade bud. It's camouflaging the details. Try to capture the entire helmet in the lighting such as picture number 18 from your last post, especially the exterior, I assume.

I like it. We just dont know why the wear of the liner doesn't match the wear of the shell.

Do you not venture out during the hours of daylight??? You're a bat aren't you???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

This is turning into a great learning experience I hate to see it end. timothy

?

Sorry Sean I still have to plead the 5th until pics where the entire helmet is lit. Stand with your back to the light source.

These latest photos are really no better than any others posted.

Part of the problem with the pics is a stark white background.
    It makes the camera ( hopefully it's a quality camera and not
    a phone ) drop the exposure to make up for the brightness
    it 'sees' or registers, and they are also taken too early
    or to late in the day.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast