Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

German Medics Helmet continued

Article about: by gel65 Sorry, I never had a chance to speak with him right now I have been very bogged down with school work and sports. Doug's offer is generous but at the moment I do not have the time t

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Sorry, I never had a chance to speak with him right now I have been very bogged down with school work and sports. Doug's offer is generous but at the moment I do not have the time to send it during the day
    Mate, find the time! I reckon Doug's offer is extremely generous, I'd be taking him up on it immediately and then sending him a very decent bottle of something nice for taking the time to give me an expert opinion on the helmet one way or the other. Offers like that don't come around every day, you'll learn that as you get older.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Medics Helmet continued
    P
    Many

C'mon dude, you've been blowing about this helmet long enough......

German Medics Helmet continued
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

On This one, I have to agree totally with Big Ned. You've been tendered a Very generous offer-one that I, myself, would not have made. It certainly would not be beyond the means or time of almost anyone who wanted to know the truth to drop this lid in a box with some bubble wrap and peanuts and either have someone post it for you, or arrange for a home pick up from the Post Office or UPS, to do it yourself on a lunch break, Saturday or what have you. In all this time and days, certainly there must have been a 30 minute window of opportunity to send this box on it's way.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I do agree it can be hard to find time. I myself have little time during the week with work, and a 12 hour day can scream by. It's his helmet, I don't think he needs pressure to send it. Maybe one day we can meet at a future SOS or something?

Fair enough Doug, I can only speak for myself and I know I'd find ten minutes to get to a post office.

Most would charge you at least a 100 dollar fee just to examine it, and you can forget about said person paying for shipping...both ways! I too find myself agreeing with Ned, if you want to find the time, you'll find it; it's not hard at all. I mean come on, it would take you 10 mins to ship a package. I can guarantee you that you spent more time than that on this form each day of the week, much more.
    Question, is your post not open on Saturdays? I know mine. And last time I checked, school was out on Saturdays and I never had football nor baseball practice on Saturdays, maybe the occusion game, but that's it. Good luck, I hope you can find the time as it's a great deal.

Perhaps someone doesn't want to hear bad news?

Remember he is still young and may not have the leisure to make his own schedual / post office visits.

"Hey dad, can we swing by the Post Office on the way to football practice?"

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9