Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

german mle 42 camo helmet

Article about: Hello guys... what do you think about this helmet? I own it for a quite long time, but never know... thanks a lot

Default german mle 42 camo helmet

Hello guys...

what do you think about this helmet? I own it for a quite long time, but never know...

thanks a lot

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german mle 42 camo helmet
    P
    Many

Hi, I don't like the paint and the liner condition does not reflect the same wear as the shell.

Please take photos outside in natural light. I'm in the fence with this helmet and need better photos to make any call.

I agree that better pictures are required. When looking at what you have posted, I had a positive feeling. The camo fakes are becoming much better and many are gun shy of making any positive judgement from pictures. I know of several helmets with very unusual patterns that were shot down on line due to their unique color and/or pattern. These helmets were all genuine as I personally had seen them in their collections back in the 1960's. I still own a SS pea pattern camouflage helmet with a field made wire basket that was acquired in the 60's. It is a painted over M40 double decal where the wire has scratched the paint and revealed the red from the political shield. All I ever heard from the masses of online experts was it was not German wire and a fake. In the field. soldiers improvise and use what is available. Five or six years ago, Doug Buhler had me bring it to his helmet party at the SOS. In hand, no one questioned it. Pictures are good but in hand is better.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Many thanks for your answer.
    I'll do better photos in natural light tomorrow.
    I found this helmet without liner, but rivets and inner metal binding were still present, so I added this liner without making any damage on this helmet. Well seen...

Hello,

Here are photos in natural light.
    On the right side of the helmet, you can see that the paint is a bit pale. When I found this helmet a hugly and very large SS insignia was painted . I tried to remove it , and with a lot of patience, the result is quite good (for my opinion...). The patina was a bit damaged, but difficult to avoid that.
    Thanks for your opinions..

Hi, I'm on the fence with this one, I like the shades of paint used, the pins just seem so heavily rusted compared to the rest of the helmet? I suspect that the liner is at least a replacement and newer aged / rusted pins used to fix it in? Leon.

I like the look of this helmet. In post #5, the owner states that he got the helmet with the band intact but no liner.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I'll give this camo a thumbs up!...

Hi, with the improved updated pics, you have at least a more genuine colour scheme look about it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast