Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Normandy Helmet?

Article about: Hello Guys, Annoyed from this ads?   I don't know anything about german helmets, so that's why I need your help. What do you think about this helmet, I will probably buy it? Is it a Nor

Default German Normandy Helmet?

Hello Guys,

I don't know anything about german helmets, so that's why I need your help. What do you think about this helmet, I will probably buy it? Is it a Normandy camo helmet? If yes, did all these camo helmets see the Normandy?
    Note: The chin strap is a repro!

Thank you!

Greetings from Luxembourg,

Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Normandy Helmet?   German Normandy Helmet?  

German Normandy Helmet?   German Normandy Helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Normandy Helmet?
    P
    Many

Light camo, it seems the leather is not in the good position, first picture, it's not along the alu, c'est pas régulier.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Ah oui je vois, donc peut-être enlevé ou remplacé?

Alex

Exact, but i'm not a pro in helmets, in 2014, it's very hard !!!! I think we can find 100 original helmets and 150 pipouiles!!!!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hi, personally I am not that keen on this one. Firstly the wear does not appear to be in consistent areas such as the crown, the shade of green also appears to be off to me. Also why would the National shield be "dug out/painted around" and yet the Luftwaffe Adler( I think that's what it is) is over painted? Lastly I notice there are other "cammo's" on the shelf underneath that are definitely not original. All in all it looks like a pimped up helmet only good for re-enacting to me. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, personally I am not that keen on this one. Firstly the wear does not appear to be in consistent areas such as the crown, the shade of green also appears to be off to me. Also why would the National shield be "dug out/painted around" and yet the Luftwaffe Adler( I think that's what it is) is over painted? Lastly I notice there are other "cammo's" on the shelf underneath that are definitely not original. All in all it looks like a pimped up helmet only good for re-enacting to me. Leon.
    The other "cammos" that you are able to discern with such expertise from a slim view are US M1's, and are quite definitely original. It is my shelves they sit upon

Quote by HoovieDude View Post
    The other "cammos" that you are able to discern with such expertise from a slim view are US M1's, and are quite definitely original. It is my shelves they sit upon
    That's what I would say too ;-) I don't think that you have fakes in your collection!

Alex

I personally like the paint. I will be watching to see what others think. I do think the tricolor may have been dug out.

?

The green appears to be permanent enamel which is incorrect imo, test in an unobtrusive spot with a Q-tip always difficult from pictures it also looks to have been sprayed with wd40 at some point, maybe not. In any event I'd get rid of that chinstrap I never understand why folks add a copy to an original helmet.

Regards

Thank you for your answers!

Alex

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast