Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Polizei/Feuerschutzpolizei DD M34 "Square dip"

Article about: Hi guys! My new original German helmet arrived today, it's a denazified M34 DD helmet and I like the way it looks. I know that these helmets aren't the most valuable and are easy to find, ho

Default German Polizei/Feuerschutzpolizei DD M34 "Square dip"

Hi guys!
    My new original German helmet arrived today, it's a denazified M34 DD helmet and I like the way it looks. I know that these helmets aren't the most valuable and are easy to find, however; I just like the look of the police decal, which is pretty much intact (save for the swastika being scratched off). The helmet is even named (which is a nice surprise!), this is simply the starter piece to a much larger collection.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Polizei/Feuerschutzpolizei DD M34 "Square dip"
    P
    Many

Not square dip. My bad ha ha

I see no problem with the construction of the helmet. Looks like lightweight steel vs. aluminum due to rust around rim & the adherence of the paint. Decal is typical style police that was used for the SE M40 police contact too. Don't know about the damage on the Nat. colors side. Maybe a fake sticker or decal scratched off ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    I see no problem with the construction of the helmet. Looks like lightweight steel vs. aluminum due to rust around rim & the adherence of the paint. Decal is typical style police that was used for the SE M40 police contact too. Don't know about the damage on the Nat. colors side. Maybe a fake sticker or decal scratched off ?
    The other "decal" also feels integrated into the paint, so I'm guessing it was denazified post war and reused by the fire service again. But you're saying that the helmet, decal and liner are good? Thanks

I thought it may have been the party shield but looks like it could be the early style national shield as used by the fire service prior to 1936. Maybe a transitional helmet that had the fire decals and they were scratched off and replaced with police decals? Just a thought.

Quote by Bernhardt View Post
    The other "decal" also feels integrated into the paint, so I'm guessing it was denazified post war and reused by the fire service again. But you're saying that the helmet, decal and liner are good? Thanks
    The helmet, paint, liner, strap, & decal are fine

Hi, there are no originality issues here, only condition, but at the right price you have picked up a nice lid. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, there are no originality issues here, only condition, but at the right price you have picked up a nice lid. Leon.
    Thanks, I paid £70 for it. Did I do alright?

Quote by Bernhardt View Post
    I thought it may have been the party shield but looks like it could be the early style national shield as used by the fire service prior to 1936. Maybe a transitional helmet that had the fire decals and they were scratched off and replaced with police decals? Just a thought.
    The national "tricolor" shield would have been placed tilted and not straight. It was for sure a party decal.
    You can find several styles on my website : https://germanhelmetvault.com/civic-style-helmets/

?

Hi. I picked up a police helmet today it’s been coloured white with a comb and liner it’s similar to this helmet not a square dip not as deep but is in the middle anyone know the production date of these Helmets I read it was used for the air raid wardens could mine be an ex fire police and now turned into a luftschultz?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast