Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

German Steel

Article about: Hi all, up for display is my German m-35 steel helmet. It is a size 68. This helmet came from an estate sale and was found in a garage with a birds nest made inside of the liner. Despite thi

Default German Steel

Hi all, up for display is my German m-35 steel helmet. It is a size 68. This helmet came from an estate sale and was found in a garage with a birds nest made inside of the liner. Despite this surprise, I was able to get a good deal on the helmet and no birds were harmed. I know it is not in the best condition but I wouldn't want it any other way! The helmet retain the majority of the green paint. At some point it was dropped and the visor in the front is slightly dented giving the helmet a snarled look. Hope you enjoy!
    Thaddeus

German SteelGerman SteelGerman SteelGerman SteelGerman SteelGerman SteelGerman SteelGerman SteelGerman SteelGerman Steel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Steel
    P
    Many

I like it, a nice honest one. It is a reissued M35 by the way, it would have started out with a shiny green coat of paint and two decals.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I like it, a nice honest one. It is a reissued M35 by the way, it would have started out with a shiny green coat of paint and two decals.

+1

Looks great! Hope I can get in on those yard sales soon. Never know what you may find

Nice honest orignial reissue M-35 good find. timothy

?

Nice helmet!
    For housing a birds nest the liner looks really good (or did you make that up?)
    Is the chin strap cut?

Hi , nice M35 , if I were a bird I would happily set up home in this one!! Leon.

Mpnox, There was really a birds nest in there! Unfortunately the chin strap is broken. I do not know if it was cut or just fell apart from old age. I do not want to put another on because I want the helmet as original to itself as possible. Thanks for looking!

I think its in great condition, especially for being in a garage all these years. Must be in a decent climate.

?

The liner has been replaced, probably war time. Nice example.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast