Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Steel Helmet "Reichsarbeitsdienst" (RAD), fake?

Article about: Hello Everybody, I am a new member of the forum living in Germany. I am interested especially in French and German military collectibles of WW 1 and WW 2. May I ask you about a helmet which

Default German Steel Helmet "Reichsarbeitsdienst" (RAD), fake?

Hello Everybody,
    I am a new member of the forum living in Germany. I am interested especially in French and German military collectibles of WW 1 and WW 2. May I ask you about a helmet which was claimed to be from the “Reicharbeitsdienst” (RAD), “State labour service” please? I believe the liner is a fake at least? What do you think about the shell, decal and the colour? The production run number at the rear has the marking 42388.

With best wishes

German Steel Helmet "Reichsarbeitsdienst" (RAD), fake?German Steel Helmet "Reichsarbeitsdienst" (RAD), fake?German Steel Helmet "Reichsarbeitsdienst" (RAD), fake?German Steel Helmet "Reichsarbeitsdienst" (RAD), fake?German Steel Helmet "Reichsarbeitsdienst" (RAD), fake?German Steel Helmet "Reichsarbeitsdienst" (RAD), fake?German Steel Helmet "Reichsarbeitsdienst" (RAD), fake?German Steel Helmet "Reichsarbeitsdienst" (RAD), fake?German Steel Helmet "Reichsarbeitsdienst" (RAD), fake?German Steel Helmet "Reichsarbeitsdienst" (RAD), fake?German Steel Helmet "Reichsarbeitsdienst" (RAD), fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Steel Helmet "Reichsarbeitsdienst" (RAD), fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German Steel Helmet "Reichsarbeitsdienst" (RAD), fake?

Liner is a phoney leather replacement and the decal is a fake. A very poor attempt to age it.
    Save your money for a real helmet that hasn't been messed with. Value would be the price of scrap steel.
    SteveR

?

Agree with Steve, very poor attempt to fool someone, also i dont see any size markings or make

Thank you very much for your answers which are very helpful to me!
    Do you think the shell could be a fake too? Could be a production run number "42388" with five digits possible for a helmet of the Wehrmacht ? (A factory maker code is not distinguishable)
    With best wishes

Quote by Alter Musektier View Post
    Thank you very much for your answers which are very helpful to me!
    Do you think the shell could be a fake too? Could be a production run number "42388" with five digits possible for a helmet of the Wehrmacht ? (A factory maker code is not distinguishable)
    With best wishes
    The helmet should be side marked with HKP code , yes they have 5 digit lotnumbers.

Thank you very much for your answers!
    Conclusion: The helmet is candidate for the fake postings in this forum
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917