Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German tankers helmet??

Article about: Sorry I've been blowing up the forum with "need help" threads today, but I hope I can get away with it a little Obviously not a steel helmet but not soft headgear either, but is it

Default German tankers helmet??

Sorry I've been blowing up the forum with "need help" threads today, but I hope I can get away with it a little Obviously not a steel helmet but not soft headgear either, but is it a German tankers helmet? That's what the owner claims it to be. Mods, please move of there is a more appropriate sub forum for this. Thank you!

German tankers helmet??
    German tankers helmet??
    German tankers helmet??
    German tankers helmet??
    German tankers helmet??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German tankers helmet??
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Todd,

Looks like a motorcycle helmet to me. As far as it being german or Wartime I can not tell. It is my understanding that this is a common style for that period.

Happy to be proven wrong.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Its a Spanish tanker helmet, I got one with the crest on the front

German tankers helmet??
    German tankers helmet??

MAP
    ?

Todd/Chevy: This one is bugging me....Per my original link, it is ID'ed as a motorcycle helmet. I've seen these described as motorcycle helmets in other threads as well.

But continued searching has yielded these links with what appears to be photo proof of the helmet being used as a tanker helmet.

Mannie Gentile: Combat Helmets of the 20th Century: M35 Italian Tank crewman's helmet

Italiano modelo carrista

So...what of all the others Identified as motorcycle crash helmets? Wrong? Or maybe this general design was used for both? Anyone know?

As for it being German? IMHO I don't think so unless there are markings (and we know how the Germans loved to mark their items LoL)

Michael

This is a very common design used during the period for a miriad of uses both civilian and military.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Bob! Know you know these well, so appreciate your confirmation!

And with that, this is my 3,000 post!!!! It all happened so quickly LoL!!!

Regards,

Michael

Has to be real Todd - Charlie Snyder has one and you can't get more authoritative than that!!!!!!!!!!! .........................

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German tankers helmet??  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Has to be real Todd - Charlie Snyder has one and you can't get more authoritative than that!!!!!!!!!!! .........................

Cheers, Dan
    Awwww, hell! If Charlie says so than its gotta be true. LOL. What an ass clown. I passed on the helmet.

Best way to tell Todd is if the flap is tacked on,the Spanish ones are not the best made and no where near the quality of the Italian m35,I have seen a few German helmets like this but it has a comb on the front