Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

German War Helmet <germanwarhelmet.com>

Article about: I really enjoy coming to this forum with questions as you guys have a ton of great advice. I continue to look for a low priced, decent M35 DD Luftwaffe helmet. I just saw this one on German

Default German War Helmet <germanwarhelmet.com>

I really enjoy coming to this forum with questions as you guys have a ton of great advice. I continue to look for a low priced, decent M35 DD Luftwaffe helmet. I just saw this one on German War Helmet, #H150. What are your opinions about this dealer and this helmet? I look forward to your responses.

William

German War Helmet &lt;germanwarhelmet.com&gt;

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German War Helmet &lt;germanwarhelmet.com&gt;
    P
    Many

Hi William, it looks like an original set of decals(if in poor condition)on an M35 , the liner is the correct type as well with the early "square bales", I think the "reddish" appearance to the leather is just down to grease and sweat in this case. Leon.

looks ok to me.

Do you know anything about the dealer? Have you had any dealings with him?

Thanks,

Chinstrap looks odd to me. Old, but odd.

Quote by centigas View Post
    Chinstrap looks odd to me. Old, but odd.
    Good spot, that chinstrap is not original to this helmet! That will get you another $100 knocked off the price William!! Leon.

He says the chin strap is not original. "Chinstrap is a modified version. It’s been on there for a very long time according to the verdigris build up on the rivets."

$100 off his asking price?

A good dealer and his helmets don't stay around long. I have a M42 Luftwaffe from there and its fine!

Tie string is not original ( looks to be a shoelace ) and as said the chinstrap seems to be an 'Ersatz' type ( very thin and brittle looking )
    Ask for a discount, what can it hurt if the dealer wants a sale - the helmet itself, while worn - is just the condition many like them in ( I know I do! )

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Nice looking M-35 I really like the looks of this helmet shows some definate usage age and patina hard to tell from my phone but looks to have been repainted at least once in its life looks to be green over the original Luft grey.

Regards Mark

?

All good but pretty rough shape so it should be priced accordingly. As has been said the chinstrap and tie string are not original to the helmet but probable period replacements.

As a newer collector of helmets you want to think about resale when buying. A rule I try to follow is condition matters.

But to each his own and if this helmet speaks to you then what you spend on it is up to you.

Ken B is the owner of the site and he is a good guy and a knowledgable dealer of helmets and a very good source for getting out of the woodwork helmets.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast