Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

German War Helmet <germanwarhelmet.com>

Article about: I really enjoy coming to this forum with questions as you guys have a ton of great advice. I continue to look for a low priced, decent M35 DD Luftwaffe helmet. I just saw this one on German

?

"Recently out of a storage unit in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This helmet was acquired from the family of the Veteran along with a few other items"
    Ask him for details: the soldiers name unit and what the other items were, the seller uses it in a sales pitch well ok provide details then otherwise its naff, you want the details to stay with the helmet history.

Eric

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German War Helmet &lt;germanwarhelmet.com&gt;
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    "Recently out of a storage unit in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This helmet was acquired from the family of the Veteran along with a few other items"
    Ask him for details: the soldiers name unit and what the other items were, the seller uses it in a sales pitch well ok provide details then otherwise its naff, you want the details to stay with the helmet history.

Eric
    I am sure Ken would have no problem providing such. He is the most prolific I know of at finding woodwork items.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    I am sure Ken would have no problem providing such. He is the most prolific I know of at finding woodwork items.
    I stopped believing in cotton candy trees in my 20's a 'few other items' may have me thinking the Vet was a collector sooo he may have not brought it back from the war as a souvenir is my point.

Regards

What would you estimate this helmet being worth? He is asking $550. He said to make him an offer.

William

?

Hi William all be it a little salty I still think it would display rather well but I like my helmets with some age and patina to them if he is asking $ 550.00 it certainly could not hurt to counter offer with a number like $450.00 you can always go up .

Regards Mark

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Hi William all be it a little salty I still think it would display rather well but I like my helmets with some age and patina to them if he is asking $ 550.00 it certainly could not hurt to counter offer with a number like $450.00 you can always go up .

Regards Mark
    Thanks Mark.

?

Quote by wpheaton View Post
    What would you estimate this helmet being worth? He is asking $550. He said to make him an offer.

William
    There is no right or wrong price. It's worth whatever you can afford to pay and find reasonable.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    As usual Eric your point is muddled and impossible to determine, and hidden in another passive aggressive veiled accusation.

Please be direct. Are you saying Ken's vet finds are bullshit? Please stop beating around the bush.
    Are you a lawyer? lol!

Doug
    I'm guessing your not at heart a historical collector please I'm not trying to be rude otherwise you'd understand what I mean. Let me show you an example here is a pic of my old man who was in the RAF he 'brought back' a dak cap a belt buckle and a wood cig case made by a German prisoner he befriended. IF I still had the cap and buckle a copy of his picture would be given to someone who may be interested in the cap or buckle, info on his service his Squadron, what theatre of operations etc....
    He gave me these items when I turned 10yrs sold them to a friend of his when I was 15yrs because he realised they were worth something, the dude was at our house my old man was showing him pictures from his war over a 'cup of tea' he took hundreds of them. The blighter left with the cap, buckle and a few pics of my old man....
    German War Helmet &lt;germanwarhelmet.com&gt;
    Out the woodwork from a veteran from a family of a veteran are empty phrases utterly meaningless without some form of provenance..understand now?
    I don't know this Ken but even if I did its beside the point when I click on his site I'm maybe thinking of buying one of his lids that's it, I don't give a hoot if he's called Ken Gandhi its all about my money and a helmet... get it?
    Maybe Maybe the 'other items' may tell William something useful about the lid,, stone the blooming crows Doug lighten up everything on a site isn't peaches and cream.
    'Storage' I bet the dealer didn't pay much William offer $350 more if he provides info on the lid.... I need a drink lol! talking with Doug has that affect sometimes he wants explanations other times be blunt,,, blimey! lol!

Eric

?

Need I remind you some vet finds are impossible let to attach providence to ie... they have passed through to many hands, The family for reasons of there own would like the name of the vet kept private just to name a couple this does not mean it is not so .
    I have a couple of helmets in my collection that were direct vet pick ups and upon asking the families if I could post the loved ones history they kindly asked me if I would not and out of respect for them I keep this information to my self.

Regards Mark

I don't get it Eric, I understand what you are saying but don't see the point to be honest. It doesn't make any difference to have an item from a collector or a vet, so what's the reasoning? He isn't charging a premium at that price by far so it isn't financial. There is no need to assume an innocuous comment in a dealer's description is 'BS until proven true'. Extrapolating repeatedly is a sure fire way to come to a wildly wrong conclusion.

Motives and intonations are easily lost in text in a forum, so I always re-read what I've written and make sure it can't be taken the wrong way. Maybe that's what the issue is here I don't know?

PS: Doug certainly doesn't need me sticking up for him, but I would say he is a historical collector. Just a smidgen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast