Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

German World War II Firefighters Helmet - Bad deal?

Article about: Hello, Recently I bought this helmet labelled as a German World War II Firefighters Helmet. I bought it for 56 British Pounds or 82 USD. I just wanted to know any thought you had about my pu

?

Default German World War II Firefighters Helmet - Bad deal?

Hello,
    Recently I bought this helmet labelled as a German World War II Firefighters Helmet. I bought it for 56 British Pounds or 82 USD. I just wanted to know any thought you had about my purchase. Too expensive, a fake or a great deal?

I do have some other information if you had questions about dating or authenticating your helmets at;
    helmetcollectables.com

William,

German World War II Firefighters Helmet - Bad deal?German World War II Firefighters Helmet - Bad deal?German World War II Firefighters Helmet - Bad deal?German World War II Firefighters Helmet - Bad deal?German World War II Firefighters Helmet - Bad deal?German World War II Firefighters Helmet - Bad deal?German World War II Firefighters Helmet - Bad deal?German World War II Firefighters Helmet - Bad deal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German World War II Firefighters Helmet - Bad deal?
    P
    Many

?

I am not a helmet expert, some of our other members will fall into that category and likely be along shortly to confirm but in my opinion, yours looks like an original civic cut 1934 pattern helmet, as worn by firefighters and police personnel. Not particularly valuable as they are probably the most common, yet period all the same. And if I am correct, manufactured in Thale at the Eisenhuttenwerke.

Regards,

Carl

?

Thanks for your opinion and information. Its duly appreciated

William,
    helmetcollectables.com

It appears to me the 1934 version
    missing comb and leather neck protector(don't know official name)

wprez some questions is it made of aluminum?

can you kindly send some further pics of the rectangular metal pieces on the inside of the shell liner?

IMOP if that badge came with it , it was used after the war, which is not unhear of.

I am sure we will be hearing more from the guys

Thanks
    Bryan

MAP
    ?

Been trying to post but having WiFi issues...Agree with Carl on the lid. Looks like it has had a repaint or two and decals removed. The comb/crest has been removed at one point. Think the price is ok. Mint ones go for $200 to $300.

The badge is interesting. Never seen one like this. Not sure of the Era however. See no Swastika...but as I noted, I've never seen one before.

Regards

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)