Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Gettin' off the bitch train....here is a rare helmet for you!

Article about: In the interest of getting off of the bitch train and back to collecting, here is a helmet I have not shown and will be a shock to your systems. It is not an SS helmet! It is a vet acquired

?

Default Gettin' off the bitch train....here is a rare helmet for you!

In the interest of getting off of the bitch train and back to collecting, here is a helmet I have not shown and will be a shock to your systems. It is not an SS helmet! It is a vet acquired M40 ET66 NSKK with one of the nicer NSKK decals I have seen posted. These helmets are precious few and tend to be in very rough condition. Lot number is 66 so its a fairly early M40. It was brought home by Mr Lane McAllister of the 85th Infantry Division and was liberated in Italy. The vet brought also home a BYF-42 K-98 rifle as well, which stayed with the collector from who I purchased this from. It is a dark green under the reissue paint so my guess is the helmet was a well used Heer helmet, refurbished later in the war for the NSKK, thus the dark patina under the grey paint.

Notice the watermark.... and no the skull is not printed on the helmet. SSTk was my old old forum name btw.

Attachment 567303

Attachment 567300

Attachment 567302

Attachment 567301

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gettin' off the bitch train....here is a rare helmet for you!
    P
    Many

Great stuff Doug!.....

That is one of the nicest NSKK helmets out there. I also tried to buy this one from the collector, but when I contacted him he wasn't interested in selling it. I guess, as Don Corleone once said, you made him an offer he couldn't refuse. My compliments, it is a beauty! Jim G.

?

Jim, I think it was all timing! I asked as well and he said no, but was surprised a few months later when he came back around and he as conditional to the sale asked for a FROR on it as well when I get tired of it, sorry! But I don't get tired of helmets like this one very easily LOL.

That is lovely Doug, nice to see such an exotic one. You never disappoint I hope to one day own an NSKK but I have never even seen one for sale. Are they usually the sort of money for a DD Heer, or SD SS, etc?

Doug, if I may ask a question, why is it these examples are usually found in rough condition? Thanks
    Regardless of condition, it is still a very interesting helmet, nonetheless. Thank you for posting it.

I assume, being NSKK, they were constantly in use and when not being worn were usually banging around in trucks, hanging off of motorcycles etc.

Awesome lid by the way Doug!

?

A lid in great condition.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I assume, being NSKK, they were constantly in use and when not being worn were usually banging around in trucks, hanging off of motorcycles etc.

Good call, Glenn.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post

Makes logical sense. Thanks

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    That is lovely Doug, nice to see such an exotic one. You never disappoint I hope to one day own an NSKK but I have never even seen one for sale. Are they usually the sort of money for a DD Heer, or SD SS, etc?
    I dont think so, most collectors seem to desire the combat lids. But as they are scarce it is one of those things that the buyer and seller have to agree is a "fair" price which Wayne and I did fairly quickly. Jim collects more of these non combat examples and maybe would be better served to answer.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast