Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gladiator "Luftschutz" helmet

Article about: Hello, I think about selling this helmet. May I ask you about your opinion about it (the "Luftschutz" insignia is complete) please? Maybe you have an idea about the stamp marking/t

Default Gladiator "Luftschutz" helmet

Hello,
    I think about selling this helmet. May I ask you about your opinion about it (the "Luftschutz" insignia is complete) please? Maybe you have an idea about the stamp marking/the meaning of the abbreviation in the liner (last photo)?
    With best wishes
    alter musketier

Gladiator "Luftschutz" helmetGladiator "Luftschutz" helmetGladiator "Luftschutz" helmetGladiator "Luftschutz" helmetGladiator "Luftschutz" helmetGladiator "Luftschutz" helmetGladiator "Luftschutz" helmet
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gladiator "Luftschutz" helmet
    P
    Many

An excellent example. Jim G.

Hi , I think this is a great looking original helmet (apart from the bit of tissue stuck on the swastika!) Leon.

?

The paint exterior and interior are excellent, almost perfect,along with the liner and strap

The liner marking is interesting,never saw that before on a luftschutz, looks like NSDAP, most likely an issue stamp to a certain area, kinda neat.

Good original nice condition LS liner mark is different as stated probably NSDAP stamp for certain district of Gau. I have seen one other with a similar mark I would think quite uncommon for LS. timothy

Dear all,
    Thank you very much for your expert opinion!! Yes, it's an authentic helmet. My father and I found it by clearing an attic of an old tenement in Wiesbaden/Germany about 45 years ago.
    With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917