Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Good chinstrap? Wallisch&Co. Wien 1942

Article about: Hi all, just won an eBay auction on this helmet and I can't quite put my finger on the chinstrap.. The helmet was being sold as "probably BGS" but it's a Q64 M40 with Czech liner (

Default Good chinstrap? Wallisch&Co. Wien 1942

Hi all, just won an eBay auction on this helmet and I can't quite put my finger on the chinstrap.. The helmet was being sold as "probably BGS" but it's a Q64 M40 with Czech liner (original liner band) and split pins which was then repainted to resemble a DD apple green helmet.
    I know these Czech helmets still had original chinstraps on them sometimes.
    But I also know that there is an old fake of this particular chinstrap.
    So, these are the pictures from the auction, do you think it's a good one?
    It won't hurt me if it isn't as the helmet as a whole only cost 69€ (insert dirty joke here)
    So, opinions welcome, I'll post better pictures once I have the helmet.
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good chinstrap? Wallisch&Co. Wien 1942   Good chinstrap? Wallisch&Co. Wien 1942  

Good chinstrap? Wallisch&Co. Wien 1942   Good chinstrap? Wallisch&Co. Wien 1942  

Good chinstrap? Wallisch&Co. Wien 1942  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Good chinstrap? Wallisch&Co. Wien 1942
    P
    Many

It's a reproduction. I bought an M42 a couple of years ago with an identical strap.

Good chinstrap? Wallisch&Co. Wien 1942Good chinstrap? Wallisch&Co. Wien 1942

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    It's a reproduction. I bought an M42 a couple of years ago with an identical strap.

Good chinstrap? Wallisch&Co. Wien 1942Good chinstrap? Wallisch&Co. Wien 1942

Regards, B.B.
    Thanks for the quick reply, B.B.
    I did read up on these straps and I have found out that it's mostly the buckle that is the giveaway, the maker did exist with this marking, and on the "thorn" of the buckle of your strap the end isn't flattened out like on the one in my post.
    But you'll probably be correct, but I'll wait for what others have to say.
    You never know with these, apparently an older well made repro from the 80's.
    Luis

The buckle pin is somewhat different, but I agree with BB, its a reproduction.

I also agree with BB. The pictures of the markings I've seen from this maker are different as well.
    Nick

As expected, thank you, gentlemen!
    At least it means I can use it for reenacting
    Luis