Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Good European Helmet Dealers

Article about: by KradSpam Dan, who is Henrik? Got your socks today by the way mate Henrik Rask is the owner of Rask Antik WWII German Militara

SFC
    ?

This view is fairly typical for this forum: everything that is not from the United States is junk, fakes or reproductions and all European dealers are crooks and fraudsters. No one escapes this fact; Weitze, Andre Husken, Kai Winkler etc.. The only honest merchants who sell 100% authentic helmets are from the U.S. and they always have a large stock of more or less flawless helmets for sale-all year round. Especially their stock of SS helmets are astounding. I have not been able to find any credible so called expert / seasoned collector of any forums that are outside the U.S. or Canada, these fall under the epithet crooks also.

Is there anyone who can explain this to me?

What I believe is that when something is too good to be true then it is not true.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Good European Helmet Dealers
    P
    Many

Quote by SFC View Post
    U.S. and they always have a large stock of more or less flawless helmets for sale-all year round. Especially their stock of SS helmets are astounding. I have not been able to find any credible so called expert / seasoned collector of any forums that are outside the U.S. or Canada, these fall under the epithet crooks also.

Easy to explain the glut in the USA - while the other allied nations discouraged souveniring, the US seemed to encourage it. The boys were just that, BOYS - and bringing hope such an identifiable item as a helmet to boast of their exploits would have been high on the list of most of them. These "boys" have been passing off the scene over the last decade or so and these helmets have been surfacing at a rate of knots as families clear out pops 'junk'!!

Demand met by supply ........but not for ever - if you can afford one get em now they WILL eventually run out.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by SFC View Post
    This view is fairly typical for this forum: everything that is not from the United States is junk, fakes or reproductions and all European ealers are crooks and fraudsters. No one escapes this fact; Weitze, Andre Husken, Kai Winkler etc.. The only honest merchants who sell 100% authentic helmets are from the U.S. and they always have a large stock of more or less flawless helmets for sale-all year round. Especially their stock of SS helmets are astounding. I have not been able to find any credible so called expert / seasoned collector of any forums that are outside the U.S. or Canada, these fall under the epithet crooks also.

What I believe is that when something is too good to be true then it is not true.
    When we are talking dealers it has nothing to do with too good to be true or not , its the facts that count and the US dealers are lucky that they have a bigger pool to procure Original stuff from. There's a difference between an authentification mistake which even the most trusted dealers make and an outright swindle.
    Swindlers are easily recogniseable as they will mix good and bad all year round. They often act very secretive and post bad photos or photos too small to make a decent authentification from and they hate it when you post their stuff on forums.
    Both Euro and US dealers have been caught doing scams like this.

What collectors are concerned I know quite few from both sides of the ocean and never heard such a things as Euro collectors getting called crooks so I'm not sure where exactly you picked that up but it's incorrect.

The last year and a half plenty of Original SS helmets came up for sale and are still for sale. If you want one now is the time to get one.

A Euro collector

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    When we are talking dealers it has nothing to do with too good to be true or not , its the facts that count and the US dealers are lucky that they have a bigger pool to procure Original stuff from.
    Even though many US divisions were known as notorious souvenir collectors, I find it hard to believe that the pool of SS helmets should be bigger in the US, and unless proven its definetely not a fact.

Just my 5 cents.

Cheers, Mads

SFC
    ?

I think you know exactly what I mean. Try to find a single page into any helmet forum questioning Doug B., Kelly H. Ludwig Baer and Ken N. ...

The claim that right now for some odd reason there are a large number of ss helmets for sale seems to be an afterthought in order to explain the well-filled layers of relics from the war. It is often written in these forums that you should buy the object, not the story does not seem to apply when I'm looking for an explanation for the well-filled helmet stocks in the United States.

Is it more than I think it is strange that it that one militaria dealer in the U.S. have more ss helmets for sale than there are total of all known militariadealers in Europe?

The reason why American soldiers were more than interested in taking home war souvenirs is certainly true, but I do not think they brought home this huge amount of perfect ss helmets currently on sale.

I do not think we are going further in this discussion, but I still think that in this commercial world, it is important to reflect on some things, especially when it comes to buying and selling. Either it so that everything is hunky-dory, or there is a deeper truth in the helmet market that should perhaps appear a little closer.

Quote by SFC View Post

Is it more than I think it is strange that it that one militaria dealer in the U.S. have more ss helmets for sale than there are total of all known militariadealers in Europe?

The reason why American soldiers were more than interested in taking home war souvenirs is certainly true, but I do not think they brought home this huge amount of perfect ss helmets currently on sale.
    As for those you named being 'questioned', I'm sure that would be the case given any good cause but as far as I know, none has been seen. Some helmets for sale on Ken's page have been brought up for discussion several times before, not for any reason other than to have a useful dialogue on some debatable aspect for example; of course no man is beyond reproach. Three of them have written the bibles on the hobby, and Doug has probably the best SS collection in the world. Why must the absence of controversy be seen as a problem?

Huge amount of SS helmets? How many are we talking here? Compared to the massed ranks of the SS I'm sure the number is negligible. I see no real mystery or conspiracy. Which militaria dealer in the US are you talking about, Kelly? I don't find it surprising that he has so many wonderful examples at all. That's like being surprised to find Heinz selling baked beans.

SFC
    ?

Right now for sale on US dealers on internet, some examples:

germanhelmet.com: 8 ss helmets

River Valley: 3 ss helmets

Military Collectibles Inc.: 24 (!) ss helmets

The Collectors Guild: 7 ss helmets + 4 ss helmet covers

In less then 5 minutes I have found more than 40 (!) ss helmets for sale in the US.

What

Quote by SFC View Post
    I think you know exactly what I mean. Try to find a single page into any helmet forum questioning Doug B., Kelly H. Ludwig Baer and Ken N. ...

The claim that right now for some odd reason there are a large number of ss helmets for sale seems to be an afterthought in order to explain the well-filled layers of relics from the war. It is often written in these forums that you should buy the object, not the story does not seem to apply when I'm looking for an explanation for the well-filled helmet stocks in the United States.

I do not think we are going further in this discussion, but I still think that in this commercial world, it is important to reflect on some things, especially when it comes to buying and selling. Either it so that everything is hunky-dory, or there is a deeper truth in the helmet market that should perhaps appear a little closer.
    You are making statements that make no sense at all and you have not conducted your research very well.
    I see someone that has no interest in learning the finer art of helmet collecting but instead likes to make controversial comments to have a little fun.
    I have seen this all too often.

Edit :
    I checked your history on this forum and found all I need to know : https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-he...-a-coa-276775/
    Do your homework and stop being jealous about what's for sale and what other people know.

Quote by Shadwellarmy View Post
    Even though many US divisions were known as notorious souvenir collectors, I find it hard to believe that the pool of SS helmets should be bigger in the US, and unless proven its definetely not a fact.

Just my 5 cents.

Cheers, Mads
    It's a fact Mads , I and many other collectors check dealer sites daily. US dealers have by far the largest amount of SS helmets for sale.
    I have three that popped out of the woodwork there in the last 3-4 years. I'm talking decent souvenired helmets not ground finds.

I also happen to know why there's an abundance at the moment , it's because a large amount have become available from a single collection and also a major part is because of the crisis in Europe. Less prospective buyers at the moment so the helmets sit longer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast