Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Is this a good Heer helmet?

Article about: Hello, I got this German helmet offerd to buy. Supposed to be a m40 heer helmet. I only got these 3 pics. So got no neck number etc. yet. Can anybody see at first glance if it's worth my tra

Default Is this a good Heer helmet?

Hello,

I got this German helmet offerd to buy. Supposed to be a m40 heer helmet.
    I only got these 3 pics. So got no neck number etc. yet.
    Can anybody see at first glance if it's worth my travel to go check it out and maby purchase this helmet?

Is this a good Heer helmet?Is this a good Heer helmet?Is this a good Heer helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a good Heer helmet?
    P
    Many

What is the general location and provenance of this helmet?

Quote by Larboard View Post
    What is the general location and provenance of this helmet?
    Let's judge the helmet on it's own merits instead of asking for provenance every time somebody posts something for opinions. Most of the items posted do not have any real provenance anyways.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The story that is told with the helmet is that it came fom Arnhem. But who would believe that...

What I mean by provenance, besides "the story" is where is it, who's selling it, etc.

Nice looking helmet at a glance, but I'm sure we need more (and probably better) pictures before anyone can make a verdict, of the liner pins, and decal from better angles (decal straight on), as well was what is the maker code, lot number, etc. .

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Nice looking helmet at a glance, but I'm sure we need more (and probably better) pictures before anyone can make a verdict, of the liner pins, and decal from better angles (decal straight on), as well was what is the maker code, lot number, etc. .
    I agree.
    Although I am sure there are some here who will be able to tell if this decal is good or not. Some may be able to tell the maker at a glance as well. The liner appears ALMOST mint with a little wear around the edge. Not a deal killer though as I have one or two with very good liners in them still.
    Ralph.
    Some will feel there is no need to tell where it is for sale either, for fear of losing out on possibly a nice score.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A nice M35 reissue with the later zinc liner band. Probably redecaled and relined at the factory as well.... maybe in 1941?

I have no issues with what I can see.

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I like it! Man I wish I had one with a liner that nice.

You want to talk about out of the woodwork. That looks out of the woodwork like it was sealed up in a wall and forgotten for 70 years.

I'm still learning helmets, but I'd like to venture a guess at this and see what the experts say. I think that's a "bigfoot" Q variant decal, and I believe it should be found on a Quist shell. It is my understanding that they did not use that decal on reissues. So, I'm going with it not being a reissue, but suspect a closer examination of the helmet would reveal (or should reveal) a Q marked, perhaps unaltered M35 helmet.

Closer photos would be a must to make any determinations I think. And, I hold out on a good look at the liner stamp, as that could well be a late war liner stamp or a Shuberth. If late war, it could be evidence of a replaced liner (possibly wartime), and would make me want to see the liner band stamps to identify a year and maker. It could also be evidence that I'm still having a hard time telling an M35 from an M40! But, from these photos, the air vents look inserted rather than stamped to my eyes.

All of this is my in my novice opinion of course.
    Last edited by avenger; 01-12-2016 at 02:04 AM.

Thanks for the help guys! I am definitely going to have a look at this one. When I´ve seen it upclose I can post more pics. That will be at the end of this week. I also think it´s a bigfoot decal on there... cant wait to see it for real!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast