Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)

Article about: IMHO the UV light is an interesting tool to see how a decal glows . For the helmet concerned , it was to check first if there is nothing wrong as a lot of fakes usualy have not the same hue

Default Re: Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)

IMO this pic seals it as KM, to me at least the border around the neck and head is very clear.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)
    P
    Many

From the last few pis the gold is definitely uniform in its appearance. It very well may be a KM. A good magnifier will definitely tell for sure. Wish I had one as I have a helmet with the same dilemma.

This one is certainly tough alright. I just took some crappy pics of my KM just to get what I am looking for across. Mine is an ET M40 and when I look at the pics from post #21 I am just going back and forward between mine and the screen. Anyways I want to see the border around the swastika and the bird which I have tried to show in the pics. I am also looking for a deeper richer gold.

I can see in one of the pics the boarder around the head of the bird but can you see the border around any other parts of the decal? You guys are right we need some loupe pics or ADM pics to see the flecks. I still would have said grey lined Heer but I just went onto the GHW original decal section and they have some grey lined KM decals listed so it may have a chance. I am now 50/50

Its certainly I tough one

Jason
    Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)

?

I would be tempted to say its KM, theres an even golden effect with a 3D swastika but i still say these need an ADM , especially when the details are too vague

with the type of "ET" style decal expected you don't need to go up the ADM or so , they are easily recognizable with , as I said , a different color of the lines and a ridge (like the one visible on Jason's ET) , that's all you need to check for . I also added a photo if a SE64 NBr 4843 to compare
    Jason IMHO grey lined isn't the correct term for a KM as the color of these lines is always more "greenish" than a grey lined Heer
    BTW take care with "it's a KM because it's gold ", it's not the only rule and you can make mistakes thinking just like this as some very toned Heer can fool "
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)  

Just taken a couple of snaps in natural light indoors to see if that makes a difference.The lines definatley look more green than grey on these pictures and i can now see the border around the eagles head and neck but i can only see possible out lineing around the swastika.I have to say you guys are starting to change my thinking on this from it being a toned heer to a kreigsmarine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)   Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)  

Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)  
    Attached Images Attached Images Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?) 

The close up of the swaz clearly shows the greenish outlines...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

not the best close ups but indeed it looks to be a ridge and the grey/green lines so if it's confirmed you have a KM . For info , the ridge has to be all around the eagle and swastika and not only at the top because
    you can also sometimes see this on a few Heer .
    The main problem I have with these pics is I can't realy see the details of the feathers and some key points to determine for sure the originality of the decal but I don't remember having seen a fake ET KM with the features I described above you could eventualy try to use a UV test to check the reaction ,it helps

Me again!! does this angle help?I hope it does
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)  
    Attached Images Attached Images Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)  Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?) 

What should you see with a UV light on a KM decal? I might try that on the one I have that I can't quite figure out. If this decal is a toned decal, it is the most toned I have ever seen.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast