Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)

Article about: IMHO the UV light is an interesting tool to see how a decal glows . For the helmet concerned , it was to check first if there is nothing wrong as a lot of fakes usualy have not the same hue

Default Re: Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)

IMHO the UV light is an interesting tool to see how a decal glows . For the helmet concerned , it was to check first if there is nothing wrong as a lot of fakes usualy have not the same hue when tested BTW original post war applied decals can also show the same . To make short , reactions are pretty much the same between Heer KM etc ...if they are untouched but sadly only experience can tell you more because you can find a few variations with the result . For exemple , depending the lacquer application and also for KM , a typical grey/green lined "ET" style which is quite unique (not sure it's the same type as the decal posted) .
    Helmetone , for your decal if it passes the UV test , check after for the type of decal and shell maker association , if reissue or not etc ... but also for sure search for the usual features you can found on a KM decal (and as I said it's not only the color)

FALLSCHIRMJAGER could you post a straight and clear photo which shows all the eagle details (talons included) like the one you posted in reverse but that sadly gives me a torticollis

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)
    P
    Many

We are still talking about this one? If I had this helmet and wanted to know for sure, I'd pay the shipping to mail it to a trustworthy dealer to verify the decal. Maybe only an in-hand examination is capable of giving a sound conclusion.

A $20 usb microscope off ebay is a sound investment I reckon in this case

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    A $20 usb microscope off ebay is a sound investment I reckon in this case
    I'm thinking that may very well be my next investment. I love looking at DoubB's SS decals that he take with the USB microscope. Really teaches you a lot about the c
    composition of the decals.

And some more!
    Attached Images Attached Images Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)  Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)  Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?) 

Thanks for the new pics Even if a hand on would help as all the lines still aren't visible and the rough background and wear distort some of these , I can't see anything wrong so far . It also looks to be a slightly darker outline in thickness around the swas that would tend to a KM .
    As I said a hand on checking with the 2 tests said before , 1 the UV , 2 a magnification of the decal and you have your answer for sure
    BTW did you check the lot Nbr again ??
    Under two more exemples . a SE with the same looking as yours and a ET to show the darker effect of the ridge when the black of the shield fades away . Hoping it helps
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)  
    Attached Images Attached Images Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?) 

Hi everyone,just had the decal under a microscope and the good news was that there was no sign of any white flecking,it was all gold.Also the black border was visable around all of the eagle and swastika and the lines of the eagles detail were more green than grey in colour.I tried to take a few photo's through the lens but as you would expect they were not very successful although i have posted one in which you can just about make out the black border on the bottom arm of the swastika!Thanks again for all your comments guys much appreciated. P.S KRADSPAM,if you feel you have enough of a KM confirmation please feel free to add the batch number details to your database.
    Attached Images Attached Images Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?) 

?

Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)Good original heer decal?(kreigsmarine?)Attachment 416034Attachment 416035Attachment 416036Attachment 416037

Any ideas guys?
    Was told that this may be a KM was told that the close-up picture above possibly shows decal appearance 3D like in the feather areas on the left and right wings and some areas of the cross. I will have to get some clearer pics in the morning to double check. He also stated that SE helmets did have a contract with the KM for a short time. I did do a zoom and there does appear to be some 3D affect. Was told that a 3D look is a good sign of a KM. I know the gold doesn't appear as dark...but he also said that there appears to be slight gold line around the bottom and right side of the black shield. Also that the color in the feather area is not black/dark but faded greenish similar to the 3D affect.

if that's a good decal than its a Heer. Are these the sellers pics? We need more pics of the entire helmet and better quality. And if this is another helmet for opinions than it should go in a new thread to maximize the feedback. Good luck!

?

O, I started a new thread titled " Is this a KM decal? German wwii m-35 with zimmerit paste? "

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast