Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Got this one today :)

Article about: Very nice reissued M35 Heer Lars I think you are right,it would seem the average head size back then, was smaller than the average noggin today. Brad.

?

Default Got this one today :)

M35 SD NS62 with a 54 liner. They had small heads back then

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Got this one today :)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Got this one today :)

Nice find, thats one good looking lid! Cheers, Robert

Lars, great lid mate The carbine hook chinstrap is unusual for this type of lid though. Is this from Russia? SD M35 reissue is perfect spec for a Barbarossa lid.

Datrus

Congrats on your new helm! I'm starting to see why you guys like these things so much, they look awesome in a display. How about a couple pics of the whole helmet, would like to see more of it.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

No it's not bought in Russia, but you are correct....of course I was actually about to ask about the carbine strap. It's definitively reissue.

Regards, Lars

Hi Lars,
    On 'some' forums and to 'certain' collectors there would be concern because the liner is not tight to the shell that it must have been replaced recently - but I would say phooey to all that..... this is a VERY nice reissue and a VERY nice addition to any mans ( or womans ) collection
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

You usually only see that strap on earlier lids, often civic or pre war transitionals, or Reichswehr lids. It's not impossible for one to find it's way onto an M35 though I suppose, just unusual.

?

It's a small 54 liner, not that it matters that much, but the pins are nice and tight. I think the only time it's been out was when it was repainted back in the day I also got it from what i would call a reliable source

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Hi Lars,
    On 'some' forums and to 'certain' collectors there would be concern because the liner is not tight to the shell that it must have been replaced recently - but I would say phooey to all that..... this is a VERY nice reissue and a VERY nice addition to any mans ( or womans ) collection
    Dan
    Liner looks ok to me, it's normal to see them shrink like this and to be honest I like a bit of play in the linerband to shell on a well worn and weathered helmet. Washers did loosen off over time, I think it's a great sign of of originality if you ask me. There are collectors that feel a liner should be super tight and that's a load of phooey on a worn helmet. Some guys just prefer them that way as well from a collectibility standpoint. Love the chinstrap, you see these carabine clips on some re-issued M35/40/42's, remember the times they were in, they let nothing go to waste and a strap was a strap was a strap. So long as it worked it was ok.
    Last edited by DougB; 11-15-2012 at 04:58 AM.

?

Thanks a lot for your comments guys. I actually did not notice it until i had in my hands today. The chinstrap is also quite thin/worn.

Regards, Lars

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast