Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

GUARANTEES...COA's and such...

Article about: Hi everyone. Im stuck here you know...Reason,can name too many if you got five minutes. I've seen to many people eat yellow snow in buying militaria and Helmets mostly. Personally Im collect

?

Default Re: GUARANTEES...COA's and such...

As Jim has said nothing beats an education. The right books and the right helmets in hand along with knowing who to trust on which forums is critical. German Helmet Walhalla is where the helmet nuts live, and you can get a good honest education there as well.

And it takes a lot of time to study the material!

If you need help I am a PM away as well.

Cheers

Doug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GUARANTEES...COA's and such...
    P
    Many

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Trust the names... Bolton, Hicks, Baer, Niewiearowicz, etc.
    Study up or check with other collectors first before you buy any helmet would be my advice , any one person can make an error in judgement.

A good return warranty is important but unnecessary when you buy good stuff. A COA is a waste of paper and is just there as a sales pitch.

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Hi ObKrieger are the above mentioned ebay usernames or this forum's members, that sell stuff?
    NO! They all are well known authors and writers.I have the books of them actually
    Kelly Hicks well,he is devoted,good God I hope one day to be like him!Anyway Hicks sells also German helmets and provides COA's as well.

Hi Donkihotis
    I dont seem to know the guy you mentioned.Where is he at?Does he owns an eshop or something?Where can I find him? Thanks

Quote by DougB View Post
    As Jim has said nothing beats an education. The right books and the right helmets in hand along with knowing who to trust on which forums is critical. German Helmet Walhalla is where the helmet nuts live, and you can get a good honest education there as well.

And it takes a lot of time to study the material!

If you need help I am a PM away as well.

Cheers

Doug
    Thanks Doug
    I really appreciate that

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Yasou Notis, I am Greek /American, my father's parents came from small villages in the mountains near Sparta! I haven't been to Greece since 1969, but hope to return in the near future, as we still have relatives in the Sparta area and in Athens. I actually have a relic Italian helmet that I found in my grandfather's village in August 1969 that was being used as a chicken feed. It most definitely has the least monetary value of any helmet in the collection, but is one that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I agree that it is very helpful to have the opportunity to examine militaria hands on, but you can learn much from some of the reference books that have been published recently. Perhaps the best for helmet collector's is the Ken Niewiarowicz book, Germany's Combat Helmets: 1933-1945 - A Modern Study. Ken's web address is http://www.germanhelmetsinc.com/index. It is definitely worth the price to have that book on your shelf. If you venture into the minefield of SS helmets, the recently updated book by Kelly Hicks, SS Steel, is a must. Welcome to the forum. If you want any information, feel free to PM me, and I will provide you with whatever I can, for whatever that is worth. Welcome to the forum, and good hunting! Jim G.
    Hi Jim
    My dear friend I have them both.I read both o' them,more than twice,as refference books deserve..Ken's book is also small and easily carried and always finds a place in my travelling bag alond with my glasses.Thanks for your time

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Yasou Notis, I am Greek /American, my father's parents came from small villages in the mountains near Sparta! I haven't been to Greece since 1969, but hope to return in the near future, as we still have relatives in the Sparta area and in Athens. I actually have a relic Italian helmet that I found in my grandfather's village in August 1969 that was being used as a chicken feed. It most definitely has the least monetary value of any helmet in the collection, but is one that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I agree that it is very helpful to have the opportunity to examine militaria hands on, but you can learn much from some of the reference books that have been published recently. Perhaps the best for helmet collector's is the Ken Niewiarowicz book, Germany's Combat Helmets: 1933-1945 - A Modern Study. Ken's web address is http://www.germanhelmetsinc.com/index. It is definitely worth the price to have that book on your shelf. If you venture into the minefield of SS helmets, the recently updated book by Kelly Hicks, SS Steel, is a must. Welcome to the forum. If you want any information, feel free to PM me, and I will provide you with whatever I can, for whatever that is worth. Welcome to the forum, and good hunting! Jim G.
    Almost forgot! I hope that you mean return here for vacation,not for good,right? Because if you mean the latter I would suggest to think it over and over...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2