Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Heer Channel Islands Camo Helmet! - thoughts!?

Article about: another helmet that I need some help with, real or post war paint?

Default Re: Heer Channel Islands Camo Helmet! - thoughts!?

detail pics of the paint are needed but I would not write it off either.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Channel Islands Camo Helmet! - thoughts!?
    P
    Many

Ugh, this is why I hate camo helmets, lol.

The problem is pictures they do not always show the helmet like it is ,seing it in person makes a big difference.
    chris

Very true. I have not seen a good one in hand yet.

?

I wont comment on the camo helmet but the other helmet in image one has caught my attention I would like to see a few close ups of that helmet.

Regards Mark K

Most fake camo helmets that have popped up on the forum lately are poor quality, and easy to spot with close up pictures. But there are some out there that are extremely convincing. This may be one of them, although I think it has a good enough chance to be original.

Hi,
    This helmet that is supposed to be wrong according to Nitram/Martin is 1 million % original and correct. The 2 photos of the outside of the helmet I have on file here but the other picture showing the inside with the name albeit one of my photos does not ring any bells with me at the moment. I am sure it is the inside of another helmet and not the camo thats shown. I have 300 plus helmets in my collection and therefore cannot remember them all.
    The camo helmet was picked up by me years and years ago locally and has featured on this forum before....no one questioned the paint then and I am amused anyone has now. It really does show that a lot of this if not all is down to peoples opinions. Luckily on this forum, more than most others people do tend to know what they are talking about. Unfortunately though not in the cas of this camo.
    All the best,
    D.

Thank you for the info.
    We all have to learn and this is one of the ways.
    Like I saided not all camo are bad
    The forum is a learning tool for all of us.
    chris

My take on it is in line with yours..... but I go further and that is to say...when we think we know it all, go back to the beginning and start again. There is always something new to learn or is found out that helps to build a more accurate picture than previously thought possible.

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Hi,
    This helmet that is supposed to be wrong according to Nitram/Martin is 1 million % original and correct. The 2 photos of the outside of the helmet I have on file here but the other picture showing the inside with the name albeit one of my photos does not ring any bells with me at the moment. I am sure it is the inside of another helmet and not the camo thats shown. I have 300 plus helmets in my collection and therefore cannot remember them all.
    The camo helmet was picked up by me years and years ago locally and has featured on this forum before....no one questioned the paint then and I am amused anyone has now. It really does show that a lot of this if not all is down to peoples opinions. Luckily on this forum, more than most others people do tend to know what they are talking about. Unfortunately though not in the cas of this camo.
    All the best,
    D.
    Can you point us to the topic , I'd like to see the helmet with some better and bigger photos. Thanks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast