Default Re: Heer dd my new addition

will post later some ew liner photos. thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer dd   my new addition
    P
    Many

?

Using Vaseline is OK up to a point but very sparingly,too many applications darkens the leather each time unless you remove excess,obviously over the years this has been the result

Original nice overpaint double decal most likely liner that originated with the helmet and has been oiled or treated produces this color as stated. Any more I have noticed any liner showing any hint of red is called a norweign Liner these are very unique and quite easy to tell if you have seen a lot of them they were dyed a unique red by Norweigns after war some were left alone that is not one. Good helmet timothy

Here is a liner of a cammo Luft that came back from Italy with a 91st vet my friend had this helmet in his collection for 60 years he is now 69 he had treated it some years ago with oil and vaseline and stopped doing so other wise it would have been a darker color than you see it now. I had put this up a while but over the weekend have talked to him about it and he found his old inventory tag where he got it and from whom. I don't have any Norweign liners to show you at the moment. You have a fine original helmet. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer dd   my new addition  

?

I really like it, the overpaint looks great with the try-colour peeking through.
    The liner does look a little like a Norwegian dyed colour, but I will wait for a better liner photo
    before I call it.

Brad.

timothy, thanks for the info on the norwegian liners. interesting. will post a better pic of the liner here shortly.

doesnt looked like it was dyed red. its not that dark. will let the forum be the judge w/ the new photos. thanks all

how are these
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer dd   my new addition   Heer dd   my new addition  

Heer dd   my new addition  

4md
    ?

any chance of a better pic of the heer decal

That looks like a treated good German Liner. One thing to look for Deadeye on the Norweign liners often the dye will bleed through the tounge holes I have seen this also they are a dark brick red. Some people have removed the dye in them. Yours shows the natural leather around the edges. I have read several references to the Norweign liner they are the original German one they just took them out and dyed them for some unknown reason. Some of the earlier ones were left alone I bought a Unique Imports M-35 back in 75 that was painted in Feldgrau as they all were by this company with Fake Heer decals the liner in it is not dyed. Someday I will try to post it. I have found that this leather turns a dark color as stated if oiled or Vaseline the later more tan pigskin found in M-42 late war does not turn the darker color if treated it does turn but not to the extent of the early leather ones such as yours. Just my opinion after 50 years of helmet collecting. timothy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast