Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer DD Opinions Please!

Article about: Hello guys, Could I get a few opinions on this helmet? Thanks! I'm concerned about the finish on the helmet.

Default Heer DD Opinions Please!

Hello guys,

Could I get a few opinions on this helmet? Thanks! I'm concerned about the finish on the helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer DD Opinions Please!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Heer DD Opinions Please!

Like the helmet itself im on the fence with this one, can you show the size marking on the skirt by the chin strap post, also i think the liner has been treated with something or oil has been applied, the chin strap i dont like nor the decals

?

IMO a original M35 DD Heer by maker NS.
    Salty helmet that have been cleaned and oiled.
    Chinstrap is a early type with quick-relese buckle, also looks original.
    If you want to buy, personaly I would have waited for a better example.

?

Decals look way too dodgy for me, the bird looks too big in the shield, and going by the photos, the decal doesnt look lik it is part of the overall petina of the helmet

?

Got to agree with Qotd on this one, there looks to be far too much damage to the tricolour which doesnt match the overall appearance of the helmet, as for the adler i think a full on close up would say the same ,i agree that the chin strap could be the early snap release type but i must admit this is the first time i have seen one actually on this site since joining or in person

Pins dont match the lid look replaced.

?

Quote by Anders View Post
    IMO a original M35 DD Heer by maker NS.
    Salty helmet that have been cleaned and oiled.
    Chinstrap is a early type with quick-relese buckle, also looks original.
    If you want to buy, personaly I would have waited for a better example.
    Anders is quite correct, appears to be a very cleaned shell with original decals but in very rough scrubbed condition.
    Common for early M35s to have the paint peel off the liner pins, especially in a heavily scrubbed condition as this one appears.

I agree with Doug and Anders , original decals but very heavily cleaned exterior unfortunately. Could have been a killer helmet with that nice early strap.

?

To me is not a cleaned, but a well used, due the cleaned helmet will delete the border between rust- scratches-paint, this is very visible. IMO, the helmet has seen open air . I did own a hemet which was placed on the piece of wood in the garden, the liner was intact, and was not damaged a lot, as water cannot direct contact, also after the rain, helmet became dry due wind and open area, condition was similar to this one, but the national tricolor decal was fall away and became silver color
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

The chinstrap is unit marked for Infanterie Regt. 18.

I don't know where/when this unit served but I am sure someone knows. If it was an early war unit then it should match the helmet, assuming that the chinstrap is original to the shell.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast