Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer DD ( Transitional ? )

Article about: by reichss Hi 4md, it looks like the filler has just come adrift from the one hole. i see, the bog fell out i was a little concerned with the liner because it looks like a steel liner with p

Default Heer DD ( Transitional ? )

Hi all,

Would appreciate any and all information about this stahlhelm. The three holes as pictured at the front, what would they represent?, opinions about originality of decals, liner etc. The chinstrap is a repro as the original brown chinstrap has a tear. Liner and shell stamped 57, only markings are 856 on the top.

Thanks Brad.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer DD ( Transitional ? )   Heer DD ( Transitional ? )  

Heer DD ( Transitional ? )   Heer DD ( Transitional ? )  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer DD ( Transitional ? )
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Heer DD ( Transitional ? )

Looks like a repaint, new liner, repro..not sure on the decals, looks to be another decal under the eagle if you look along the top of the Sheild....Those holes are different!!! Two welded up and the other looks neatly drilled...doubt they are impacts from a round as there's no denting, where are they exactly on the shell???? Could this be a form of quality control to indicate a inferior lid not combat worthy....

I'm not crazy about this one. I don't care for the Heer decal. No good pics of the chinstrap either. Wait for some other opinions.

?

I'd leave it if I were looking to buy it....too many red flags

Eg...paint and liner look recent, decals seem off, chinstrap repro, holes...who knows why....

Just seems too mucked with

Reichss: Do you if I ask how much the seller is asking for the piece?

4md
    ?

i dont mind this, the decal looks like a grey lined often found on early helmets. Im not up on the early shells but it could be Austrian and the holes could be from home guard insignia before being refurbished. Why would one hole still be there is my only question?

I think the helmet is fine, the paint, decals and liner all look to me to be period. The Heer decal is typical of the type applied to Austrian Trannies. The holes on the front are probably for a device before the helmet was refurbished?

It could be the down turned pointed beak decal. I'll have to pull out the book when i get to work and take a closer look. Could be a re-issued helmet not seen very much re-use.

Hi 4md, it looks like the filler has just come adrift from the one hole.

I dont mind the look of this one to. All parts look good and period, and I like the decal. Maybe its just an optical think but the swastika looks thicker than normal but I dont have a problem with it. Looks like a decent unused refurb lid.

Dont know about the holes though, defiantly some kind of badge. With their spacing and setup could be a cap eagle type of thing ,dunno

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast