Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer decal on SE helmet

Article about: Dominick, Please provide shots of the maker/size and lot # stamps. This helmet looks like a reissue, and I think the decal is good. Jim G.

Dominick, Please provide shots of the maker/size and lot # stamps. This helmet looks like a reissue, and I think the decal is good. Jim G.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer decal on SE helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Dominick, Please provide shots of the maker/size and lot # stamps. This helmet looks like a reissue, and I think the decal is good. Jim G.
    Jim, maker/size : SE64 and in the neck nr. 80 is stamped (lotnr.?), how can you know that it's a reissue?

Dominick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer decal on SE helmet   Heer decal on SE helmet  

Last edited by Dominick Somers; 01-24-2014 at 07:03 PM.

It looks to me as if the decal on the helmet was not the first decal. There appear to be remnants of the first decal to the rear of the decal now there.

It looks to me as if the decal on the helmet was not the first decal. There appear to be remnants of the first decal to the rear of the decal now there.
    Fake decal?

I do not think so, in my opinion it is a good decal. I would like to hear what Frank says, but to my eye, this one is right. ET style decals were used on SE helmets, both on original factory issue pieces and reissues. Also, often there is some shadowing on the decals as is apparent on yours which was the result of slight printing errors. Look at the original and fake decal sections on GHW2. There is an M35 double decal SE helmet with what appears to me to be an identical decal in the "Original Decals" sub forum section, down to the shadowing from the misprint. The decal on your helmet was not the original factory applied bird, but I say it is good. I like the graphics and composition of the decal on your helmet. Until someone points out why I am wrong I stand by my original assessment. Jim G.

I do not think so, in my opinion it is a good decal. I would like to hear what Frank says, but to my eye, this one is right. ET style decals were used on SE helmets, both on original factory issue pieces and reissues. Also, often there is some shadowing on the decals as is apparent on yours which was the result of slight printing errors. Look at the original and fake decal sections on GHW2. There is an M35 double decal SE helmet with what appears to me to be an identical decal in the "Original Decals" sub forum section, down to the shadowing from the misprint. The decal on your helmet was not the original factory applied bird, but I say it is good. I like the graphics and composition of the decal on your helmet. Until someone points out why I am wrong I stand by my original assessment. Jim G.
    Will Frank take a look @ it?, also can't find the m35..

Quote by Dominick Somers View Post
    Will Frank take a look @ it?, also can't find the m35..
    Chanced upon this topic by accident , Dominick this section is used as reference not for discussions (just a heads up).
    For me this is a good SE/ET style factory decal.

Cheers
    Frank

Here's mine to compare.

?

A well worn, but original ET Heer decal for me too.

Brad.

The aging on this one looks kind of dubious, as well as the head of the eagle looks rather unlike other examples I have seen. Its going to have to be a no for me, but others may know better.

No problem for me on this one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast