Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Helmet?

Article about: Hi again, picked this up in a flee market in Moscow -looks like its a regular Heer helmet - anyone know any more? Cheers,

?

Default Heer Helmet?

Hi again, picked this up in a flee market in Moscow -looks like its a regular Heer helmet - anyone know any more?

Cheers,Heer Helmet?Heer Helmet?Heer Helmet?Heer Helmet?Heer Helmet?Heer Helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Helmet?
    P
    Many

Hard to comment with such poor photos. It appears to be an original M40 Heer. Our friends here are going to need much clearer photos to comment further. It would help to have info on any markings in the shell and liner. NH

MAP
    ?

While not unknown, DD M40's are as rare as hens teeth. It also appears to have a single band aluminum liner band with square bales. Also not something typically seen in M40 helmets.

My gut tells me that this is actually an M35 based on the above.

So yes. Good clear photos are a must.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The key to determining if it is an M35 or M40 are the air vents. Need clear photos. M35 are inserted and M40 are embossed. NH

Looks like an overpainted M35; the tricolor could be dug? Better pics would be ok.

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    The key to determining if it is an M35 or M40 are the air vents. Need clear photos. M35 are inserted and M40 are embossed. NH

Better pics are needed but this is an M35 for sure; the M35 vents are circular inside since they are a type of rivet, while the M40/42 are flat. You can see the body of the rivet on the pic.
    Heer Helmet?

Hi, looks like a standard HEER M35 in a battered condition. Nice enough at the right price. Leon.

?

thanks all, looks like the air vents are inserted so an m35, paid about £40 so not bad

Excellent price.