Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Heer helmet - is it authentic - how much is it worth - please help

Article about: Hi, I have the opportunity to purchase or trade for this Heer lid and I would like to know whether it looks authentic and how much is it worth. Thank you for your help.

Default Heer helmet - is it authentic - how much is it worth - please help

Hi,
    I have the opportunity to purchase or trade for this Heer lid and I would like to know whether it looks authentic and how much is it worth.
    Thank you for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer helmet - is it authentic - how much is it worth - please help   Heer helmet - is it authentic - how much is it worth - please help  

Heer helmet - is it authentic - how much is it worth - please help   Heer helmet - is it authentic - how much is it worth - please help  

Heer helmet - is it authentic - how much is it worth - please help   Heer helmet - is it authentic - how much is it worth - please help  

Heer helmet - is it authentic - how much is it worth - please help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer helmet - is it authentic - how much is it worth - please help
    P
    Many

Paint,liner and decal all look good to me and for value I'd say around 600-700$

Thank you

more photos

- - ------- - -

Do the new photos add or detract from anyone's opinions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer helmet - is it authentic - how much is it worth - please help   Heer helmet - is it authentic - how much is it worth - please help  

Looks ok. Photos leave much to be desired. If you can look at it in hand first. I'd like to see what other helmets he has. I see one just off to the left in the one photo.

It looks like a decent helmet to me. The drawstring in the liner might have been replaced, but this was a normal thing to do in the field. I have even seen shoe laces being used by the former owner after his original broke at some time or another. It beat having the steel dome bouncing on the top of your skull. The liner Looks like it possibly has blood damage to it, as it is awfully dark and brittle in appearance. It may well have been a battlefield trophy piece. But whatever the case, I'm seeing nothing that suggests it is anything but a good original lid. The decal is particularly nice.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

It looks like a good honest field worn model 40 SD. Has a chinstrap, some liner damage, acceptable amount of wear and rust to the shell. I like it.
    It would be nice to see the makers mark and size on the other side on the inside.

Hi, the guys have said it all, a decent single decal M40 HEER helmet, original liner and partial chinstrap. The chinstrap may be a "corpse cut" one but it is hard to tell from these pictures. Here in the UK it would be around the £500 mark. Leon.

Any other opinions on value?
    Thank you all so far.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast