Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer helmet, worth the money?

Article about: Darnit. Okay, you're all right, I'll ignore this helmet! It's frustrating, every helmet I find is sold before I can get it and all the others are bad deals >.< Thank you to those who'v

?

Default Re: Heer helmet, worth the money?

Darnit. Okay, you're all right, I'll ignore this helmet! It's frustrating, every helmet I find is sold before I can get it and all the others are bad deals >.< Thank you to those who've inboxed me with links - if anyone knows a good site to get a helmet, I'm all ears!
    Kind regards,
    Robbie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer helmet, worth the money?
    P
    Many

?

Woah, stop press: what about this one for £350?

?

Its not a bad price but its not a great one either. Despite the liner it still has a lot of decal left which is the most important thing about a German helmet when it comes to value. Good luck!

Regards
    Samir

?

Hey Samir - it's fine, I gave up on that one I found a Heer helmet for more, but with a fantastic liner, decal, paintwork, chinstrap and a name on the inner liner, which I am in the process of paying for! Thanks for the support though.
    Regards,
    Robbie

?

Quote by Steampunk View Post
    Hey Samir - it's fine, I gave up on that one I found a Heer helmet for more, but with a fantastic liner, decal, paintwork, chinstrap and a name on the inner liner, which I am in the process of paying for! Thanks for the support though.
    Regards,
    Robbie
    Robbie, that's awesome!

Don't forge to post it here, would love to check it out!

Regards
    Samir

?

Of course actually, it looks like a Nazi battle flag's being included with the helmet... for free... very unexpected but a pretty nice surprise considering I nearly spent £275 on an identical flag recently!

Robbie

?

All those original liners are going bye-bye, thanks to father time.
    Aided somewhat by us 50s kids who oiled them.
    I have really noticed the general condition of leather over the last 50+ years.
    The ones we'd find were still soft and supple-no more.

Existing M16s and 18s are good examples of where they are all going.

One really needs to be careful even touching that leather today. Sad.

?

Robbie it sounds like youve found yourself a pretty sweet deal, but be careful here, you said it yourself about jumping in with both feet especially when you could have posted pictures, i dont know how much your paying or if its from a dealer or not but to have a battle flag included in the price, i would tread carefully, you said you paid over £200 for one, if its from a dealer i cant see them giving a flag away, if its from a private sale, perhaps, but would you in all honesty throw in a flag worth that amount of money, you may be lucky and i hope you are, you may have found someone who just wants rid of the items, great, but think hard, do all the checks, makers marks, condition of paint and decal, liner condition as oppossed to interior condition etc, i really hope youve found a goodun, and please post asap, dont forget to get a money back refund if not satisfied

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    Robbie it sounds like youve found yourself a pretty sweet deal, but be careful here, you said it yourself about jumping in with both feet especially when you could have posted pictures, i dont know how much your paying or if its from a dealer or not but to have a battle flag included in the price, i would tread carefully, you said you paid over £200 for one, if its from a dealer i cant see them giving a flag away, if its from a private sale, perhaps, but would you in all honesty throw in a flag worth that amount of money, you may be lucky and i hope you are, you may have found someone who just wants rid of the items, great, but think hard, do all the checks, makers marks, condition of paint and decal, liner condition as oppossed to interior condition etc, i really hope youve found a goodun, and please post asap, dont forget to get a money back refund if not satisfied
    my thoughts exactly

?

Thanks for the concern, gentlemen, and I thought the same; turns out he's not including the flag though, I misinterpreted him. Never mind! And I posted some pictures of the helmet in the "Heer or Luftwaffe?" thread I started. But I know, it's important with this market to be careful, and I'll continue to post everything I purchase.
    Thanks again!
    Robbie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2