Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer m35 DD

Article about: Roger that Sean!

?

Default Heer m35 DD

Hello fellow collectors, need your opinions on the following lid. Thanks in advance.

Heer m35  DD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer m35  DD
    P
    Many

?

No issues for me, A brilliant example of a Heer M35. Cheers, Sean.

?

Looks like a good Bigfoot!

Question for helmet Gods - What is the deal with the "black" cracked through in the portions of the white National Emblem? Also - "why does it look like the stampings are not "stamped" but raised?

?

Hi Duff, It might just be the way the picture looks but they are certainly stamped not raised. The cracking you see on the white section of the national shield actually covers all and both decals and I believe is quite a common aging trait on original decals. Cheers, Sean.

This is from a reputable dealer as well. Nice helmet!

?

I understand the "glazing" Sean - I was under the impression that National Color decals were printed on a white base - therefore the black peeking through threw me off... And those serial numbers sure don't look "stamped."....... hmmm...

?

Ahh I see what you mean Duff, I am not sure to be honest but it does not raise any flags for me, The whole lid looks fine. The lot number is stamped if you look at it close you can see it shows up lighter with the dirt and build up that has settled in the stamping itself. Cheers, Sean.

?

oh yeah - lid is good, I would buy it... Just curious about those items.... Dang pictures - so deceiving sometimes....

?

lol I know what you mean Duff, As far as I am aware helmet markings were always stamped in by the Germans and yet I have found myself in the past rubbing my eyes sometimes thinking they looked raised in pictures. The only thing I could think of with regards to the decal would maybe being another decal underneath but both look as factory applied to me so I would say more likely just something to do with aging unless there was an extreme close up to be certain but as said I think its all legit anyway. Cheers, Sean.

No worries on this one, the stamps don't look unusual to my eyes. Could just be a trick of the lighting.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast