Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

heer M40 helmet..opinions

Article about: hi all...i'd like to know your opinions on this helmet for sale..i 'm totally unexpert about headgear but i'd like to make a surprise gift to a friend of mine for Christmas...it's a m40 Q62

I've never seen an eagle with a completely black eye. Looks like the decal was split during application 2/3 of the way down. I'm not crazy about it, and the close up of the decal is not centered and slightly blurry.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement heer M40 helmet..opinions
    P
    Many

Quist made M40's till the end of the war. Referencing the lot number could indicate whether it should even have a decal. Regardless, that decal appears to have broken upon application and the question is during or after the war....? Tough call to make.

I thought exactly the same as Jim when I saw it on WAF, hallmark of a post war applied original decal.

That said since it's on a Q shell and it's only the one split, rather than the shattered look of many post war decals applied much later, you could give it the benefit of the doubt. Just a slip during application perhaps? They are fragile things after all, even when brand new. The pins are dated 1942 and look un-buggered, and it's a side marked Q M40 so it should have a decal I think. The black eye is odd, but I like the decal overall. Misprint? Probably too many questions for me to throw my own money down though.

?

I'd buy one without any question marks.

Like it. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

IMO helmet is original wartime and decal when it was applied and by whom is the question. Otherwise all complete original helmet with some chinstrap issues but most don't even have a chinstrap. timothy

thanks a lot guys...i'm learning a lot from you..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2