Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer M40 NS64 SD

Article about: Another night, another helmet pulled off the shelf. This is the first Heer M40 I ever bought (1984). It is a NS64 with lot number D145. Liner band dated 1942 and worn by "W.F." Unf

TWS
    ?

Default Heer M40 NS64 SD

Another night, another helmet pulled off the shelf. This is the first Heer M40 I ever bought (1984). It is a NS64 with lot number D145. Liner band dated 1942 and worn by "W.F." Unfortunately the eagle has taken a large caliber shot to the head/neck/wing. My lamp is creating a glare where it shins directly causing a brown looking spot, but that's just an effect from the lamp.
    Heer M40 NS64 SDHeer M40 NS64 SDHeer M40 NS64 SDHeer M40 NS64 SDHeer M40 NS64 SDHeer M40 NS64 SDHeer M40 NS64 SDHeer M40 NS64 SDHeer M40 NS64 SDHeer M40 NS64 SD
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M40 NS64 SD
    P
    Many

WOW, Nice helmet!

Nice one, wish I still had my first one!

That’s one very nice looking helmet TWS!

Just wondering if that’s a styrofoam head? Just asking as I was reading a few posts about displaying WW1 gas masks (I have two) and apparently the foam from the head can give off gas that can degrade leather over time. Made me think it may effect the liner but I guess not an issue if it’s only being displayed for a photo.

Another fine helmet and as first helmets go, that is a good solid peice. Leon.

Nice helmet Todd - and the decal is in much better condition that on my first Heer M42.
    Love the paint and liner too.
    nick

A good solid helmet. Pocher decal is evident.
    D.

I am sure that was a good buy in 1984, no internet, not many good books on the subject and not many fellow collectors to connect with. Well done, nice character looking (complete) helmet.

TWS
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    That’s one very nice looking helmet TWS!

Just wondering if that’s a styrofoam head? Just asking as I was reading a few posts about displaying WW1 gas masks (I have two) and apparently the foam from the head can give off gas that can degrade leather over time. Made me think it may effect the liner but I guess not an issue if it’s only being displayed for a photo.
    Thanks. They just sit on the styrofoam head for a few minutes to take photos. I don't display or store any headgear on styrofoam. (example of my war room display) Heer M40 NS64 SDHeer M40 NS64 SD
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Another fine helmet and as first helmets go, that is a good solid peice. Leon.
    Thanks! It wasn't my very first TR helmet ever, but my first Heer M40. It was close to my first, however. Probably my 4th or 5th.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast