Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer m40 sd helmet opinions

Article about: Hi Guys, I would be obliged if you could run your eye over this lid for me. I was thinking of buying it but am not sure of the originality. OR Cheers in advance Andy

?

Default Heer m40 sd helmet opinions

Hi Guys, I would be obliged if you could run your eye over this lid for me. I was thinking of buying it but am not sure of the originality. OR

Cheers in advance

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer m40 sd helmet opinions   Heer m40 sd helmet opinions  

Heer m40 sd helmet opinions  
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer m40 sd helmet opinions 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer m40 sd helmet opinions
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Heer m40 sd helmet opinions

it maybe just me but ive got a bad feeling about that decal & the liner doesn't look right either IMO we'll wait to see what the other guys say ??

run away fast

?

Im running!!!!! Cheers guys
    Andy

I believe the liner and decal are originals. The stitching running at an angle through the finger adjacent to the joining section of the liner is an indicator of it's originality. The grey outlines on the decal tend not to be found on repro decals either. The brown chinstrap is correct for the earlier issued ones. No I would vote it original.

Quote by reichss View Post
    I believe the liner and decal are originals. The stitching running at an angle through the finger adjacent to the joining section of the liner is an indicator of it's originality. The grey outlines on the decal tend not to be found on repro decals either. The brown chinstrap is correct for the earlier issued ones. No I would vote it original.
    For your info , the decal is a fake that appeared on many dealer sites for quite some time now . I discussed this one on many forums and warned collectors about this "ET" looking copy . It is pretty well done bu has many bad typical features ....like this grey outline Not saying original ones haven't but surely not the same way

its odd the liner at the rear ,its stiching has come away ,odd on what looks like a good condition liner,lv