Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer m40 single decal for opinions please

Article about: Does this one look good? It is missing the chin strap and draw string. There is a name on the liner. There is a number 739 on the neck guard, seller not able to see anything else. I have not

?

Default re: Heer m40 single decal for opinions please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer m40 single decal for opinions please
    P
    Many

?

?

Mvh
    morten

I stand by what I said before, original stuff just a messed with or replaced liner. Look at the rivet in the last pic, by the decal. See how loose it is? This is indicative of a messed with liner. The pins look a bit bent to me as well.

It is still a very nice helmet with just the right amount of wear. I would love to have it in my collection.

?

Thats true the liner is a bit loose.

R

I think the liner is good on this one. It has wear consistent with the rest of the helmet and I think I can see signs of pulling on the leather. The split pins may have been replaced without removing or replacing the liner as their paint color varies a bit from the paint on the shell, and this explains the gap between the pins and shell. An ET with that lot number places it around 1941, maybe early 1941. Being a shell size 62 probably explains the seven fingers. That's a pretty tiny shell compared to most and I can see not being able to fit an eight fingered liner in that size helmet.

Nice orginal shell with decal, re-placed liner

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I think the liner is good on this one. It has wear consistent with the rest of the helmet and I think I can see signs of pulling on the leather. The split pins may have been replaced without removing or replacing the liner as their paint color varies a bit from the paint on the shell, and this explains the gap between the pins and shell. An ET with that lot number places it around 1941, maybe early 1941. Being a shell size 62 probably explains the seven fingers. That's a pretty tiny shell compared to most and I can see not being able to fit an eight fingered liner in that size helmet.
    The helmet of this size would take a size 54-55 M31 liner which had 8 fingers i can see the only reason why it has 7 is that a correct size liner wasnt available and one was altered and replaced in the field

Liner has definitely been replaced for me. Mind you a loose rivet doesn't mean a liner was replaced as they came loose from use also. War you know ;-)
    The rivet colors and the way they are bend are the indications for me. For the rest it's a correct ET helmet.

I agree, you can see that one rivet where it has been previously bent in its original application and then again for this fitment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast