Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Heer M42

Article about: Hi again! A new helmet, up for review. I don't like the decal, and the straps looks norwegian but better check with you guys first, (again). What are your feelings? Sorry for the bad pics, t

Default re: Heer M42

Looks good from photo's good price if badge checks out. timothy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer  M42
    P
    Many

?

Some more pics just to verify. Although when you hold these artifacts in your hands, you really feel that it's the real deal. A huge difference from just seeing some pictures through the internet. It's named in the liner to; Dorn/m or Darn.

The previous owner of the helmet had got it from his friend who's grampa was a Flak-obergefreiter and died in Belgium in 1944 (It's the soldiers badge.). IMO it would be strange if a "Luftwaffe" soldier wore a Heer helmet. But he didn't knew much about it so he was going to ask his friend. (Maybe the grandad just took it as a war souvenier or something?)

The sun isn't shining here so here is some more shitty indoor photos:

Heer  M42Heer  M42
    Heer  M42Heer  M42Heer  M42Heer  M42Heer  M42Heer  M42Heer  M42

From the new pics I think the strap might be a Norwegian rework, original but reissued and dyed. Still a nice pot for a good price.

?

Didn't Luftwaffe used brown CS's/ Like their ammo pouches.

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    From the new pics I think the strap might be a Norwegian rework, original but reissued and dyed. Still a nice pot for a good price.
    Hmm, I had my suspicions. Well well still a nice pickup. I can also see some small yellow spots here and there over the helmet. My worst fear is that it's a ripped-off Norway Industry helmet. But I cant see traces from any down-edging, it looks really nice besides from that. I can try to take some better pictures if the sun is shining tomorrow.

Datrus, excuse my ignorance but what's a CS?

//Al

?

WRF slang for "chinstrap" LOL

Cheers

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    WRF slang for "chinstrap" LOL

Cheers
    Aha, I have to work on my slang a little bit! Well, keep me updated if anyone knows anything about the brown CS

//Al

?

Sorry if I keep spamming pictures but I wanted to send some better-in the sun pics so that you can see the yellow spots. You can clearly see them all over the helmet and some on the liner band. As said I can't see any sign of down-sanding but it could be good to hear what you think, and if i'm gonna sell it in the future, it could be good to know so that I don't fool anyone.

Thanks Again// Al

Heer  M42Heer  M42Heer  M42Heer  M42Heer  M42Heer  M42Heer  M42Heer  M42Heer  M42

It possibly being an ex Norwegian re-issue Industrivern/Sivilforsvar helmet would make a lot of sense considering the chinstrap and even amount of yellow paint still reamining in spots all over the shell and on the linerband. Still nice though but I'm betting this might be the case and also perhaps why you got if for cheap.

A couple of photos of this type from samlerforumet.net for reference (photography by member Jahmann)

Heer  M42Heer  M42

?

Didn't they also use brass liner split pins Slados? As the one at the rear.

Regards, Lars

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast