Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer m42

Article about: Here is a decent looking m42. Not sure what kind of paint etc is covering the helmet as it seems to have dirt or grit type plaster in it. Not sure, cannot make out the writing on the leather

Default Heer m42

Here is a decent looking m42. Not sure what kind of paint etc is covering the helmet as it seems to have dirt or grit type plaster in it i cannot make out the writing on the leather liner. Decal is damaged and crispy but looks like this one has had a rough life.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer m42   Heer m42  

Heer m42   Heer m42  

Heer m42   Heer m42  

Heer m42   Heer m42  

Heer m42   Heer m42  

Heer m42   Heer m42  

Heer m42  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer m42
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Maker? Lot #? Is it an ET/CKL

Decal appears to be an ET style.

The paint looks like a heavy lime based white wash. Appears to have some heavy 'rubbing' of the white wash. But white wash is easily worn down and/scrubbed.

But all the photos are rotated. It's hard to view and form an opinion.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Its hard to see but its an se or et. My eyes are terrible . Cannot see lot number. The paint rubs off somewhat easily . i tried to rotate and crop the pictures and upload them the correct way but for some reason rhey still come out that way

Inside looks pretty fresh,with the name,not sure on decal,will let the experts assess this one,great looking helmet though.

The decal is a Gustav Peiniger , not a decal you expect on an M42.
    But a good decal. Not sure what vibe I am getting of this helmet.

Schwerpunkt, thank you for the information on the decal. I knew it was a good one but couldn't tell what maker. Its pretty crispy and beat up. I can get more pictures of the helmet tomorrow. I have been reading here on the forum about winter camo applied on german helmets.
    To me the lid is good. Came out of an old building so nobody really had possession of it.

The camo seems to checkout to me after seeing a few posts on other forums about whitewash.

THe decal has been carefully dug out IMO as you can see the chipped edges - so that hurts it a bit - but it does look good.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Chuck, just to clarify, when you say it came out of an ‘old building’ what do you mean? Were you there or is this information from passed to you from the seller?

Andy

Quote by chuck303 View Post
    Its hard to see but its an se or et. My eyes are terrible . Cannot see lot number. The paint rubs off somewhat easily . i tried to rotate and crop the pictures and upload them the correct way but for some reason rhey still come out that way
    If you crop your pictures so that they are a bit wider than taller, they usually stay the correct way up. Nice looking helmet too.

Cheers,
    Steve

Steve thanks for the reply. I will give it a try later today. I got the lid from my old buddy who found it in an old building.i will have to ask about it and get the info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast