Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer M42 Helmet

Article about: Thanks guys! So If I understand correctly this is an original M40 with a fake decal and probably not an original liner or at lest not original to this helmet? Do I understand correctly that

?

Default Re: Heer M42 Helmet

Looks like a nice M40 with a shabby liner and original draw string, need closer photos of the inside rear skirt where the lot nr is and the left side skirt where the makers stamp will be, the damaged decal im not too sure about although the damage on the helmet seems to coincide with the decal but it appears to have shrunk across the wing portion which is strange, i dont think its a KM but a toned heer decal which has been lacquered, i cant see any gold flake .Find out more details as to how this chap came by this helmet, did he buy it if so then he knows what he paid for it or is he saying its been a vet bring back through his family, the cost would be a little high at 350 , 200 would be nearer a fair price but see what he wants for it, !!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M42 Helmet
    P
    Many

?

I think it's an original M40 but agree with the others about the decal. It looks post war applied. There is a scratch in the helmet paint on the lower right, the decal has been applied over this mark.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi guys, Thank you all for for taking time to comment on this one. You guys always no how to get me looking a little closer at what I'm buying and I really appreciate it. I noticed 2 things that goes along with what you guys are saying. The rear rivet for the liner has a totally different patina then the rest. It looks like it came off a ground dug relic. It could have just been replaced but it really looks out of place. I added the photos of the lot number and where I think the the maker stamp should be. As you can see there is no sign of a makers mark. I compared to my other helmet to be sure I was looking in the right place and its just not there. The lot Number is DN47 and above that is a very lightly stamped number that looks like it could be 96.

Its hard to tell in the photo but the decal is crooked. I also see the scratch under the surface that you guys are talking about.

No good story behind the origin of the helmet. A soldier my father works with bought it when he was in Germany about 20 years ago. Probably some great salesmen told him it was something its not.

Anything else you guys can add would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer M42 Helmet   Heer M42 Helmet  

Quote by davejb View Post
    Looks like a nice M40 with a shabby liner and original draw string ... Find out more details as to how this chap came by this helmet, did he buy it if so then he knows what he paid for it or is he saying its been a vet bring back through his family, the cost would be a little high at 350 , 200 would be nearer a fair price but see what he wants for it, !!
    You have a strange definition for nice helmets. It's a shabby helmet with a fake decal who cares what the story is. The helmet will not become original all of a sudden because there's a juicy story with it.
    The helmet is a Quist and the lotnr tells its story , it shouldn't even have a decal

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    You have a strange definition for nice helmets. It's a shabby helmet with a fake decal who cares what the story is. The helmet will not become original all of a sudden because there's a juicy story with it.
    The helmet is a Quist and the lotnr tells its story , it shouldn't even have a decal
    He might have seen the last helmet I bought

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...-helmet-14455/

This one is probably much nicer even with its short comings

Kirby

?

Schwerpunkt, please notice that i said LOOKS like a nice m40 . As for a story i would refer to the many experts on this forum who continually emphasise that provenance can help prove originality, i suggested this to our member in order that he asks the right questions prior to parting with hard earned money for any future use, also i was under the misunderstanding the Quist marked their helmets on the side skirt and ckl on the rear , if thats wrong then i stand corrected and again i have learnt from someone more experienced which is why i enjoy this forum.

?

Hi, late Q m40s were stamped at rear earlier ones were at the side , its usually late war no decal m40 Q lids that get the fake decals added, rgds Dave

?

Thankyou Dave , for the explanation , duly noted and stored for further use.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    ........nuff said

Quote by davejb View Post
    As for a story i would refer to the many experts on this forum who continually emphasise that provenance can help prove originality
    1st of all the item needs to pass an originality test then I'm willing to listen to a story. Provenance cannot make a bad helmet good no matter how old or honest the guy is who tells the story.

"Hey your helmet looks fake , but I'm undecided lets see if you have a nice story that convinces me otherwise"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast