Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Heer M42 Helmet

Article about: Thanks guys! So If I understand correctly this is an original M40 with a fake decal and probably not an original liner or at lest not original to this helmet? Do I understand correctly that

Default Re: Heer M42 Helmet

Thanks guys!

So If I understand correctly this is an original M40 with a fake decal and probably not an original liner or at lest not original to this helmet?

Do I understand correctly that an M40 would not have ever had any decals?

As far as value, what do you guys think its worth? I'm now guessing 100 -150 us.

Lastly and please excuse my ignorance but what is a lotnr?

Thanks again everyone!

Kirby

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M42 Helmet
    P
    Many

?

your correct, decals bad and liner is genuine but probably not origional to this lid, most m40s did have decals, as far as i know only really late Q m40s didnt have a decal,Q made m40s up until the end of the war even tho they did make an m42 model,but the m42 Q is quite a rare lid,the lotnr is the number on rear skirt , and as for value i would leave it well alone,just wait until a nice unmessed with lid turns up, rgds Dave

lotnr is just an abbreviation for lot number. The lot number can tell us approximately when the shell was manufactured.

Thanks for all the help guys! I think Ill take you advice and give it back to the owner. Helmets are definitely something I know very little about so thanks for keeping me out of trouble.

Kirby

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3