Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer No Decal M42 CKL68

Article about: This just arrived from Dave at WW2GermanHelmets.com It is a M42 Heer No Decal CKL68, indicating manufacture by the Eisenhuttenwerke firm in Thale, Germany. The lot number is 4700. This helme

Default Heer No Decal M42 CKL68

This just arrived from Dave at WW2GermanHelmets.com

It is a M42 Heer No Decal CKL68, indicating manufacture by the Eisenhuttenwerke firm in Thale, Germany. The lot number is 4700.

This helmet was picked up by a member of the 35th Infantry Division. While I don't know exactly when/ where the vet picked up the helmet, I do know that the 35th ID fought most notably in the hedge rows of Normandy and then later during the Battle of the Bulge in the Ardennes.

During basic training, the vet who brought back this helmet earned the expert marksman badge/pin for the M1 Rifle, M1 Carbine, the BAR, machine gun and bayonet. He was then a member of a .30cal air-cooled machine gun squad. Began as an ammo carrier (one of three), but as squad members died, he served as either a first or second gunner. He was wounded by air-burst artillery shrapnel in a German night attack on January 6th, 1945 during the Battle of the Bulge.

During his time in the service, the vet earned these decorations and awards: Bronze Star Medal, European Theater Ribbon with four Bronze Stars, WWII Victory Medal, Good Conduct Medal, Purple Heart Medal, Combat Infantryman Badge, Overseas Campaign Ribbon with Bronze Star.

Heer No Decal M42 CKL68Heer No Decal M42 CKL68Heer No Decal M42 CKL68Heer No Decal M42 CKL68Heer No Decal M42 CKL68Heer No Decal M42 CKL68

Comments are appreciated! Thanks for taking a look!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer No Decal M42 CKL68
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer No Decal M42 CKL68

Pretty helmet, Joe. I am all out of envy by this point. lol

Thanks, Mo! I need to move some stuff around in my display. I'm starting to run out of room!

Very clean lid. Looks like a good one to have grabbed. Great to have abut of history behind it as well

Jason

?

Nice clean M42 with great provenance.....I still need to find a complete M42 for my collection!!!

It is a nice feeling though when you have to move things around for a new item....you get to play with your other stuff as well!!!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Right now my collection display is relegated to the top of my dresser... I am not sure if I will have time tonight to move things around. We shall see! !

Sweet!

Very nice lid! Find a long portion for the strap and you have fantastic helmet.

?

Nice and pretty clean lid Joe, nice find

4md
    ?

great lid Joe, and a nice big size as well

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast