Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer No Decal M42 CKL68

Article about: This just arrived from Dave at WW2GermanHelmets.com It is a M42 Heer No Decal CKL68, indicating manufacture by the Eisenhuttenwerke firm in Thale, Germany. The lot number is 4700. This helme

?

Default Re: Heer No Decal M42 CKL68

Great helmet! I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to use it as a reference piece for my restoration project.

Nitram

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer No Decal M42 CKL68
    P
    Many

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought this helmet was a repro. It really is in AMAZING shape!

The only down sides I've noticed is that the rear liner split pin is wiggly and as helmetone mentioned, it's missing the long portion of it's chinstrap. I've decided to leave this helmet as-is. I acquired it from the vet via ww2germanhelmets.com this way, so I will keep it this way.

Here is my current display I'm playing with... I still need to rearrange things and dust everything. I didn't want to put the M42 CKL68 on a high helmet stand because the liner is drawn pretty tight and I don't want to put any added pressure on it.

Heer No Decal M42 CKL68

I need to fill that void on my wall with something... It should be German, but I don't think I could hang anything with a swaz on my wall. My 86yr old grandma would kill me!

Any additional comments on my new helmet and comments on my display would be greatly appreciated! I have maybe another 15 or so helmets stored in the closet and under my bed... I just have no room to display them!

Quote by Nitram View Post
    Great helmet! I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to use it as a reference piece for my restoration project.

Nitram
    I'd be honored! Let me know if you need any additional pictures!

?

Put some shelves up Joe, wide enough to take helmets then you can display the lot

Quote by davejb View Post
    Put some shelves up Joe, wide enough to take helmets then you can display the lot
    I know... that would make a lot of sense. I am embarrassed to say so... but unfortunately, I am still living with the parents. I am at their will...

?

[QUOTE=Nitram;533915]Great helmet! I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to use it as a reference piece for my restoration project.

was it painted recently?

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought this helmet was a repro. It really is in AMAZING shape!

The only down sides I've noticed is that the rear liner split pin is wiggly and as helmetone mentioned, it's missing the long portion of it's chinstrap. I've decided to leave this helmet as-is. I acquired it from the vet via ww2germanhelmets.com this way, so I will keep it this way.

Here is my current display I'm playing with... I still need to rearrange things and dust everything. I didn't want to put the M42 CKL68 on a high helmet stand because the liner is drawn pretty tight and I don't want to put any added pressure on it.

Heer No Decal M42 CKL68

I need to fill that void on my wall with something... It should be German, but I don't think I could hang anything with a swaz on my wall. My 86yr old grandma would kill me!

Any additional comments on my new helmet and comments on my display would be greatly appreciated! I have maybe another 15 or so helmets stored in the closet and under my bed... I just have no room to display them!
    Nice helmet, but to be honest it seems to have had a new lick of paint in the not too distant past, but thats a good collection you got there.
    P.S i have a nice np flag to fill the gap in it, but get clearance from your Gran/ or folks 1st, but i reckon they will accept it all for the history thats in it

Quote by paddy View Post
    Nice helmet, but to be honest it seems to have had a new lick of paint in the not too distant past, but thats a good collection you got there.
    P.S i have a nice np flag to fill the gap in it, but get clearance from your Gran/ or folks 1st, but i reckon they will accept it all for the history thats in it
    I don't agree with the repaint idea, looks all original finish to me. A nice one, and the wiggles on the rivet are no problem at all mate, especially on only one.

I'm surprised you actually bought it Joe, chances are one would turn up at the plant sooner or later!

Andy

?

If you zoom in on the 3rd photo, the rivet has been painted, without beind filled, also the paint run above the rivet sticks out like a sore thumb

Quote by paddy View Post
    If you zoom in on the 3rd photo, the rivet has been painted, without beind filled, also the paint run above the rivet sticks out like a sore thumb
    The paint on this helmet is original and 'textbook' for this kind of helmet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast