Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Heer No Decal M42 CKL68

Article about: This just arrived from Dave at WW2GermanHelmets.com It is a M42 Heer No Decal CKL68, indicating manufacture by the Eisenhuttenwerke firm in Thale, Germany. The lot number is 4700. This helme

?

Default Re: Heer No Decal M42 CKL68

the colour might be txt book, but it has been recently repainted, don't try convince youself anything different

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer No Decal M42 CKL68
    P
    Many

Quote by paddy View Post
    the colour might be txt book, but it has been recently repainted, don't try convince youself anything different
    Can you go into more detail please.

I see what you say about the paint run but that is not really a problem IMO.

Quote by paddy View Post
    Nice helmet, but to be honest it seems to have had a new lick of paint in the not too distant past, but thats a good collection you got there.
    P.S i have a nice np flag to fill the gap in it, but get clearance from your Gran/ or folks 1st, but i reckon they will accept it all for the history thats in it
    Hi Paddy, Thanks for your concern. I bought the helmet through Dave Shirlin at ww2germanhelmets.com. In my opinion, he is a top dealer and very honest and good man. He guarantees that it's all original and authentic and he provided a certificate of authenticity. I have no reason not to believe him.

I do have a Hitler Youth armband and I could have easily found a flag for sale somewhere... My grandma survived the SS's wrath in Zhytimir, Ukraine. They took everything she had, including her father, and forced her to work as an Ost Arbiter (spelling?). In the closing stages of the war she was digging "machine gun holes" for retreating German forces around Vienna. After the war she languished in refugee camps before finally managing to immigrate into the USA. As a kid, I remember watching an "army man show" on t.v. and drawing a swastika with sidewalk chalk in the driveway. She say it and I could tell it really hurt her. I couldn't imagine how she would feel with a flag hanging on my wall...

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I don't agree with the repaint idea, looks all original finish to me. A nice one, and the wiggles on the rivet are no problem at all mate, especially on only one.

I'm surprised you actually bought it Joe, chances are one would turn up at the plant sooner or later!

Andy
    Thanks, Andy! You're right... but being patient is not one of my strong suits! I saw Dave post this up on his facebook account and I couldn't pass it up! Part of my tax refund check well spent!!

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Part of my tax refund check well spent!!
    That makes the purchase even sweeter!

Quote by paddy View Post
    The run in the paint above the split pin doesn't concern me. It looks like a paint bubble formed on split pin and then popped. Let's remember that there was a war on when these things were produced afterall... If this run and mark on the split pin is cause for concern, then 99.9% of the German helmets out there must also be potential fakes, too!

I have 110% faith in Dave Shirlin. Let's wait to see what Doug and some of the other helmet big-guns have to say.

I would not think its anything other thank 100% authentic. The paint is right and runs are not uncommon. Plus it's one of the best sources to buy from. I would stand by this helmet any day of the week. As I said before Joe it's a great lid

Cheers
    Jason

Thanks, Jason!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3