Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please

Article about: Thanks for your Opinions Gentlemen I was going to hang off on contacting the seller once this thread had run its course. And to clarify things the seller does not own the Antique mall were i

?

Default Re: Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Mmmm,i get your point Lars,but surely if this lid had been relic the paint work would not be up to this standard?I am not saying i am right by any means but if i were parting with my money for this one i'm not sure i would be convinced i had done the right thing.
    No no I am not saying it was a relic. Just that many decals have a white background, that becomes visible when the upper layers wears off.

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please
    P
    Many

?

I can clarify one thing the decal is not a sticker and is not raised for what it is worth it looks to be a water applied decal can not feel the edge with my finger nail

Regards Mark K

?

This was a tough call for me to make and regardless of the outcome I will use it as a learning experience.

Regards Mark K

Thanks for that bit of info, sounds more promising, i'm still unsure but you just may have picked up a bargain.I am certainly not trying to "poo poo" your helmet for the sake of it,i look forward to hearing some other opinions and honestly hope that my doubts are proven completly wrong!!

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    This was a tough call for me to make and regardless of the outcome I will use it as a learning experience.

Regards Mark K
    Good onya for making the call Mark, fortune favours the brave!!
    All the best for the outcome, and if the opinions are mixed then so be it - in the end YOU own it and only YOU need to be happy with it!
    Cheers mate, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

A few more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please   Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please  

Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please   Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please  

?

The CS looks to have some wear. Not as much as the liner though. It can of course easily have been replaced. About originality i can't tell.

Regards, Lars

?

A few more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please   Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please  

Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please   Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please  

?

CS looks better from "there" so to speak

Regards, Lars

?

Hate to be the dissenting voice but I believe you've bought a fake camo with a fake decal and looks like a repro strap. Here is another of the fake decal type mimicking an ET decal.

Attachment 427067

Also Lars different service branches can have the same lot number.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast