Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please

Article about: Thanks for your Opinions Gentlemen I was going to hang off on contacting the seller once this thread had run its course. And to clarify things the seller does not own the Antique mall were i

?

Default Re: Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please

Thanks for your Opinions Gentlemen I was going to hang off on contacting the seller once this thread had run its course.
    And to clarify things the seller does not own the Antique mall were it was purchased as it is shared by many vendors and has a space there were he sells his collectibles .As I explained to Doug this morning I purchased this helmet after having a close look at the helmet, liner and pins and felt they were ok .As to the Decal,chinstrap and camo I had questions and stated so in the beginning of this thread.
    I do know I took a big chance with this helmet but I was more so concerned with the Normandy Camouflage being authentic If the decal and the chinstrap had been correct for what I paid for this helmet I would actually have been ok with it even if the camo was controversial so I will be sending the seller an email with a link to the thread and take it from there

Thanks to every one that contributed to this thread

Regards Mark K

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please
    P
    Many

Will be good to know the outcome. Hope you get
    your money refunded.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks Steve I will keep every one updated as to the outcome of my dealing's with the seller.

Regards Mark K

?

Good luck! If the seller has any integrity he will issue you a refund and take you fishing for the trouble.

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Good onya for making the call Mark, fortune favours the brave!!
    All the best for the outcome, and if the opinions are mixed then so be it - in the end YOU own it and only YOU need to be happy with it!
    Cheers mate, Dan
    Dan I respectfully and totally disagree with the above statement. It is THE single worst advice a learning collector can get in fact. If its wrong, it's wrong. This, is wrong and while being polite to the OP (Mark) the decal and camo (and strap) are utter fakes from 100 miles away when you know what to look for.

Fortune favors the faker only. Education favors the collector who only then can be brave, but there is no fortune favoring brave in TR helmet collecting, it only favors the extremely lucky SOB and the house will be playing with your money if this advice is given, and taken.

A collector should not take "good enough for me", we must settle only for "correct and period" or else all we do is empower these piece of shit con jobs who ply on guys like Mark for a fast buck.

Sorry but your statement has been chaffing at my nerves and I had to get it off my chest, not trying to be a "helmet snob" or to be disrespectful. But the lesson to be learned here is education not subjugation. Lets not settle for anything less than 100% real 100% of the time.

Cheers Dan

Doug

PS pardon the S-bomb but that's the only fitting description for these low life con jobs.

I agree with Doug's statement , we are here to identify objects of history not for wishful thinking or owning half assed could be wanna be pots that anyone can fancy up. Better seek a new hobby if that's your motto. Luck gets you nothing in this hobby apart from a once in a lifetime opportunity to get a rare nice helmet first and to get that you need to make a split second decision based on your knowledge of helmets. Knowledge is power.

Hi Mark, I really hope you can get a refund on this. It is 100% bad as already stated.

I must associate myself with Doug's last comment.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by DougB View Post
    Dan I respectfully and totally disagree with the above statement. It is THE single worst advice a learning collector can get in fact. If its wrong, it's wrong. This, is wrong and while being polite to the OP (Mark) the decal and camo (and strap) are utter fakes from 100 miles away when you know what to look for.

Fortune favors the faker only. Education favors the collector who only then can be brave, but there is no fortune favoring brave in TR helmet collecting, it only favors the extremely lucky SOB and the house will be playing with your money if this advice is given, and taken.

A collector should not take "good enough for me", we must settle only for "correct and period" or else all we do is empower these piece of shit con jobs who ply on guys like Mark for a fast buck.

Sorry but your statement has been chaffing at my nerves and I had to get it off my chest, not trying to be a "helmet snob" or to be disrespectful. But the lesson to be learned here is education not subjugation. Lets not settle for anything less than 100% real 100% of the time.

Cheers Dan

Doug

PS pardon the S-bomb but that's the only fitting description for these low life con jobs.
    Ouch ...... I'm not in the nerve chafing business but they are not my words Doug -just an idiom from ancient times and not intended to raise the hackles of our forum educators - to whom I apologize. It was merely a comment to a fellow Aussie ( albeit a mexican - another term of ours that may become 'lost in translation' to those north of the tropic of Capricorn ) congratulating him that he 'had a go' rightly or wrongly and pulled his finger out (mucked in ) and should make the call based on his gut feeling and if not to use it to learn and not let anyone piss on his back and tell him its raining ( con him ).

Sincerely, a rebel from the colonies
    Dan
    ( almost forgot the smiley )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Hi Dan

I dont understand the explanation sorry. The bottom line is "having a go" costs real money and gut feeling isn't how one spends hard earned $ on this stuff. If your not sure always post before you buy. Never take the chance especially on that "deal of the century" which is usually the largest red flag collectors need to be aware of. Dealers use this pressure tactic all the time. A low price, coupled with Buy It Now pressure almost always results in a crappy piece of junk he is trying to part with. Know the dealers return policy. Get it in writing even (this saved me a lot of money).

Now Mark (who I thought was Canadian?) has to try to retrieve the better side of many hundreds of dollars and I am sure he has better things to do with his time and doesn't need the stress either.

Gentlemen, its fine to give advice as advice is free and your not spending YOUR money after all, but gut feeling, having a go and best guesses is not how collectors learn this stuff, with all due respect Dan. If giving an opinion, as has been said on this forum, qualify it and try to be as sure as possible about what you are saying. Collectors rightly or wrongly, will spend hard earned money based upon forum opinion. (which we are free to be wrong of course, however remember the guy who has dropped $400 to $4000 on something has spent real money!!!)

Cheers
    Doug

Oh schizer!!!!!!!!! he IS from Canadia...

Rule No 1 - NEVER post late at night, with a splitting headache or a gut-full of ale ( or all of the above ).
    Rule No 2 - Confusing your OP with someone completely different ( and from another hemisphere ) is unprofessional and embarrassing.
    Rule No 3 - as a result of combining nos 1 & 2, the following is the meal one must endure.

Hey, there's a big rock - I may just be able to squeeze under it!
    Sheepishly, Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast