Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please

Article about: Thanks for your Opinions Gentlemen I was going to hang off on contacting the seller once this thread had run its course. And to clarify things the seller does not own the Antique mall were i

?

Default Re: Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please

Congratulations Mark At least he should not be able to sell it now as the real deal or "possibly" period WW2.

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer S/D M-42 Normandy Camo Opinions please
    P
    Many

Glad to hear you have gotten your money back,good news indeed!

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanks for your Opinions Gentlemen I was going to hang off on contacting the seller once this thread had run its course.
    And to clarify things the seller does not own the Antique mall were it was purchased as it is shared by many vendors and has a space there were he sells his collectibles .As I explained to Doug this morning I purchased this helmet after having a close look at the helmet, liner and pins and felt they were ok .As to the Decal,chinstrap and camo I had questions and stated so in the beginning of this thread.
    I do know I took a big chance with this helmet but I was more so concerned with the Normandy Camouflage being authentic If the decal and the chinstrap had been correct for what I paid for this helmet I would actually have been ok with it even if the camo was controversial so I will be sending the seller an email with a link to the thread and take it from there

Thanks to every one that contributed to this thread

Regards Mark K
    Hi Mark,
    I'll read the whole thread in a few mninutes but let me tell you that ytou shouldn't put off by a helmet whose poins are not very tight or even look as if they were bent one time too many....I own several helmets coming out of the wood,untouched since the end of the War whose rivets are a little loose...the liner may have been swapped for a newer one or the pins replaced by the company cobbler...but upon inspecting them closely you coudn't help falling in love with them.
    You say you've taken a good look at the liner,pins and chinstrap yet they turned out to be iffy,to say the very least.I think you should meet with a serious helmet collector and ask him to share a secret or two to help youn out the next time you'll handle a helmet.
    I've had a good laugh when I read that the seller didn't want you to post the helmet and that his "reputation" was more than enough to sleep nice and tight!
    Hey.....it's original....I'0m fruiends with XXX and I've got 3500 posts over at WAF!
    Later bud

?

Forum membership and post count does not equate to expertise, common sense, or honesty.

But it's a lesson for new collectors, we've all been there, no need to deride him over it. It just discourages new collectors. That said, your advice on meeting with an experienced collector is great advice!

?

I have purchased TR era items from this seller before and they have all turned out to be good period pieces as always I post my purchases and or potential buy's here to share and or ask for help and or opinion's on and this is the first time my dealings with him have gone side ways as it were.
    One thing I have noticed though is there have been a few times things I have stated have been taken out of context and I have corrected them and I will do so again so just to clarify a statement that was made earlier the seller did not try and convince me that I should by this helmet on his reputation.
    I did do that all on my own of my own free will after examining the helmet,liner and pins and felt it stood a decent chance which shows that I still have much to learn about German steel and many other things in the realm of collecting TR era items and as earlier stated (KNOWLEDGE IS POWER) so I have no one to blame but my self.
    Hi Lou thanks for chiming in on the thread my friend and you are correct about the helmet liner and pins of course.Liners were replaced and or removed and the original pins were reused and loose pins are not a tell tale sigh that a helmet has been tampered with as I would expect that they would loosen up over time and shift around some this of course should be taken in to consideration when examining a helmet though.
    As to sitting down with a serious helmet collector here on the Island for some hands on experiance I am afraid they are far and few in between in my area that I know of anyway.
    I will not let this detour me from collecting German Helmets but I think I MUST spend more time reading and researching before ever thinking of taking my TRAINING WHEELS OFF AGAIN AND RIDING DOWN THE STEEPEST HILL I CAN FIND!!!!!!!!!

Kind regards Mark K

You're my IDOL Bro!
    You're right about posts getting taken out of context and misunderstood sometimes and I love your approach to collecting!Next time you'll find something you'd like to buy don't be shy posting a million questions here,and if you think I could be of help you know wehgere to find me...you've done that in the past and I'm alway more than happy to talk to yoiu my friend!The most important thing is thay you'll have your hard-earned back...the rest means zip!

?

I get to the island once in a while Mark, summers only, up to Nanoose Bay at the Beachcomber Marina. Perhaps we could meet up next time I am up there.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Forum membership and post count does not equate to expertise, common sense, or honesty.

But it's a lesson for new collectors, we've all been there, no need to deride him over it. It just discourages new collectors. That said, your advice on meeting with an experienced collector is great advice!
    Doug,
    you've misread my message to Mark I'm afraid;I'd never ever deride anybody over anything..let alone a friend!I'm friends with Mark and he knows that he can find me anytime he may need a friendly advice.You couldn't know that so I've appreciated your reply to my post...camaraderie is an important part of the game we play! ;-)
    No...of course forum membership and post count won't tell anything about anybody's expertise but I was talking tongue-in-cheek and Mark knew that!
    Best Regards
    Lou

?

Thanks for that Doug sounds like a fine Ideal Deep sea fishing a few barley pop and TR sounds like a hell of an outing to me.

Lou as always direct and to the point as you have been through out are friendship over the last couple of years I would not want it any other way you have taught me lots my friend through are many discussions here and off of the forum.

Kind regards Mark K

?

Lou no worries, I didnt know that and as a moderator we just try to keep the peace around here! All is well!
    Cheers, thanks
    Doug

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6