Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Heer SD Helmet

Article about: Hello, Is this decal and liner good? Liner is dated 1944. Thanks.

Default Heer SD Helmet

Hello,

Is this decal and liner good? Liner is dated 1944. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer SD Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Heer SD Helmet

Looks good to me
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks for the reply.

Looks good to me

OKW
    ?

So whats happening here, do we have a refurbished helmet, liner dated 1944 with a heer decal which i understand was discontinued after 1942. The liner leather looks pristine, the chin strap buckle leather looks worn and the shell has some rust spots scratches etc which doesn't to my eye tie in with the liners condition. I'm not questioning the helmets originality just its condition.

?

Personally I have no doubts about the liner. That kind of leather was used on the 1942 made helmets too, personally I have just doubts about the long part of the chinstrap.
    Regards,
    Dimas

Does the decal look like it was applied post war or during the war?

strumgehwer
    ?

Hi Everyone,
    I have 2, M42 helmets, 1 SD, liner 1943, the other no decal, no chin strap, liner 1944. The no decal M42 was a vet bring back I got from my buddy's uncle, who was 82nd airborne during WWII. I've also noticed that the leather used for liners in these type of helmets is thin and most likely pigskin, which discolors (darkens) over time. The no decal I cited above, was kept on a shelf in the vets basement for a long time (as far as I can remember). I can post pics of mine if that helps.
    Hope this helps,
    strumgehwer

?

To be true, I wouldn't buy this helmet for collection, there something which stops me to have it, even the eagle looks like not proper one.
    Regards,
    Dimas

The decal is a HJ&K and as large amount of them are still found unapplied , is known to have been reapplied post war in great quantity . IMHO it isn't the usual supplier of ET/CKL but could be seen in rare specific cases on this maker shells so I would take great care with the one posted and would carefuly check all of the "details" in hands to be sure !
    Only based on the pics and the overal look of the decal , I personnaly would pass