Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Heer SD M42 Helmet

Article about: Hello all, I was very surprised and elated today when an older couple I've known for a few years surprised me with this amazing gift today! They know I collect militaria and had this sitting

Default Heer SD M42 Helmet

Hello all, I was very surprised and elated today when an older couple I've known for a few years surprised me with this amazing gift today! They know I collect militaria and had this sitting in their attic for over 2 decades, the gentleman's uncle served in WW2 and brought this, along with many other treasures, back from his time in the European theater. I'm so grateful that they would pass this on to me and I can't wait to find a nice spot to display it in my collection, hope y'all enjoy seeing it as much as I did today!

Heer SD M42 HelmetHeer SD M42 HelmetHeer SD M42 HelmetHeer SD M42 HelmetHeer SD M42 HelmetHeer SD M42 Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer SD M42 Helmet
    P
    Many

A nice looking M42. One that any helmet collector would be very proud to own. What's that fluorescent green stuff on the liner and chinstrap? Looks like someone sneezed on it!

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    A nice looking M42! What's that fluorescent green stuff on the liner and chinstrap? Looks like someone sneezed on it!

B.B.
    It’s corrosion, and it was 10 times worse before I was able to get most of it off haha; not sure if I should attempt to clean it off the liner and chinstrap or not though, don’t wanna damage it further but if anyone has any good cleaning techniques for that please let me know!

What size? looks big

Looks like an EF helmet, Lot 3171?
    The decal looks like Huber-Jordan & Koerner to me, but i may be wrong so wait for others to confirm.
    Great pickup with a great story too.
    Nick

With the liner and chinstrap, you're best off not using any kind of cleaning chemical or remover, as something designed to treat metal will not be kind to leather! Rather than risk destroying it, I'd leave it as is. After all, you can't see the inside of the helmet when it's sat on a shelf!

B.B.

Quote by nbushyager View Post
    What size? looks big
    It’s an EF63, or at least I’m pretty sure it’s size 63, the last number is pretty hard to see for sure

Quote by chbingle View Post
    It’s an EF63, or at least I’m pretty sure it’s size 63, the last number is pretty hard to see for sure
    Either a 66 or 68. Think a 66 if I had to guess
    D.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Either a 66 or 68. Think a 66 if I had to guess
    D.
    Thought it was a 66 at first too, but every time I look it looks different haha

Excellent, what a kind gifting, such a plus when you have the history of the item to go with it. Well done. Leon.